• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Oleksandr Zinchenko šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Guardiola has always been clear that Zinchenkoā€™s best position, in the long-term, will be as a creative midfielder. ā€œIn the pockets as the attacking midfielder,ā€ Guardiola said in April. ā€œThat is his position, definitely. When we bought Oleks, he was a No 10, a Phil Foden position, a creative player. But the needs we hadā€¦ we didnā€™t have a left-back for many years. He adapted and said: ā€˜Okay, what does the team need? Iā€™m going to do it. He is a reliable player, honestly.ā€

He's such a snake Pep, he does this sort of thing all the time. Publicly talks up something that he's not willing to do himself for his City team.

If Pep really thought that Zinchenko had the class to be a league challenging attacking midfielder then he would have given him minutes there, not played Foden, De Buyne, signed Grealish, Mahrez, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva etc.

Sure there's always an excuse, but it boils down to him not being highly rated enough over those other guys.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We have to decide on a nick name

I like Zinc, you can also call him Chen but he's not Chinese, could also call enko, but that's a female Japanese name and he's not Japanese.
Zinc is pretty good. Turkish for Zinc is Ƈinko, which sounds a lot like Chenko, so it fits both ways in my case. Think Italian and Portuguese for Zinc is Zinco also.

avenellroad

John Radfordā€™s son

...still don't understand why 3 foot Martinez was seemingly our first choice, got very lucky how this turned out.
His quick feet in tight areas is what I like the most. Compared to Tierney and Tavares who donā€™t really possess that skill setā€¦it opens up space in congested areas to play cutbacks etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­

...still don't understand why 3 foot Martinez was seemingly our first choice, got very lucky how this turned out.
I think because mikel love full back who can defend like Tomi and Zinchenko Wil have to work with his defensive game but I'm happy we paid 30m on Zinchenko and not 50M+ on Martinez

Barry

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I still think that Martinez might be the better player. Looks like he can do everything that Zinchenko can, plus is also a really good defender.

I look at the two of them and wonder if Zinchenko's versatility might hinder us by preventing a transformative LCM signing like Paqueta or Tielemans. While Martinez might have sorted Mikel's CB fetish as well as giving us a quality LB.

Hard to argue that Ā£30m is reasonable value though, we've got a very good player who improves our squad whereas Martinez at what, Ā£55m? - is an expensive gamble for United.

grange

Losing my brain cells šŸ„ø

Player:Havertz
This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I still think that Martinez might be the better player. Looks like he can do everything that Zinchenko can, plus is also a really good defender.

I look at the two of them and wonder if Zinchenko's versatility might hinder us by preventing a transformative LCM signing like Paqueta or Tielemans. While Martinez might have sorted Mikel's CB fetish as well as giving us a quality LB.

Hard to argue that Ā£30m is reasonable value though, we've got a very good player who improves our squad whereas Martinez at what, Ā£55m? - is an expensive gamble for United.
Yeah, I don't see how getting Martinez is a better deal. More money in a position we're set at right now (CB) and would play less games whereas Zinchenko would start or get subbed on more often either for/over Tierney or for/over Xhaka, imo. I don't see Martinez starting over Gabriel, Saliba, or White getting games and I don't see how Martinez would play in midfield at all either.

Plus, one is already suited and has adjusted to the PL while the other will need a breaking in period. Maybe next season we could say Martinez would be the better signing but not now, imo.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ā­

Player:Martinelli
No wonder Lil Zin is always crying. He's been subject to terrible abuse. Hate to see it.
55-ADD955-E591-4-EC0-BAB9-01-BD0-D03-A48-E.jpg

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

It's not an unpopular opinion at all, we are overrating Zinchenko based on a single game.

Do you know who else we did this for? Pablo Mari. He's an ok signing considering Tierney will probably miss most of the season and anyone is better than Tavares, but is still fairly uninspiring

Barry

It's not an unpopular opinion at all, we are overrating Zinchenko based on a single game.

Do you know who else we did this for? Pablo Mari. He's an ok signing considering Tierney will probably miss most of the season and anyone is better than Tavares, but is still fairly uninspiring
I think there is some overrating going on for sure. I'm in favour of the signing, he's a good squad addition but I'm not personally convinced he's a level above a fit Keiran Tierney or Granit Xhaka. I don't think he's worse than them though either, maybe better at some things so he gives us some much needed depth and competition which should make the team better overall.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pablo Mari who had no top league experience and the loan/signing was derided by nearly every fan?

Mari getting compared to Zinchenko, is like comparing prime Sagna with "prime" Mustafi.

Have no idea how he threw those two names together, be it position/play style/previous playing experience/whatever...just weird :lol:

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Pablo Mari who had no top league experience and the loan/signing was derided by nearly every fan?

Pablo Mari who "controlled" Liverpool in a final.

Actually that was a lot better than excelling against Scotland, so I'm being unfair to Mari there.

Riou

Watching that vid were all his peers at City make fun of him.

Makes me love "Riou-chenko" even more!

Riou

Really didnā€™t enjoy the bulling vid. 9 times out of 10 (no reference) the ā€˜victimā€™ is just putting up a good face and accepting the clown role because itā€™s part of the culture, while suffering in silence.

Take heed of this, AM...take heed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom