• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Dacourt

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 4,009

nidza7

Established Member
Chicago said:
I don't think he would play that much better than Cesc or Flamini, and with the two of them coming along I'd rather give them a shot, to me he doesn't really offer that much to the table. Plus it would probably take time for him to adapt to our system, he has premiership experience but the way arsenal play is a world of difference from the rest of the premiership

what about having him for depth purpose only?

...and if he comes for free!

agnishevchenko

still no!! we still need to pay his wages! (though i think his is quite cheap)
he is someone who has really past his playing prime.. even if he wants to play for arsenal for free; i wont sign him!! all i see in him is his unnescessary fouls and late tackles!! :evil:

Ratinho

Established Member
Knowing how important the loss of Gilberto was last season, Wenger may feel he needs an experienced DM sitting player in backup, just incase of injury.

Not the worst thing tbh, if we put aside the fact this forum will explode with 'no ambition', 'wenger's lost it' and 'Dacourt's s**t' posts, all of which will be false.

dev_atdi

I wouldn't have too many quarms with Dacourt on board. He's a solid, tenacious midfielder who doesn't take any prisoners. AND with European experience, could be handy in Champs League. And at no cost, why not?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
It wouldn't be the worst piece of business, tbh. Sell an underperforming captain for £13m get a similar replacement with a few more miles on the clock for nowt. This guy would add experience, which we all think we need, he'd be the defensive midfield option we all know we need. And he's not an age where he'd be around for ages and preventing Cesc from developing.

That said, Jimy Page once said of Led Zeppelin "our mediocre was always better than anyone else's best", will the same be true of our departed captain?

Ratinho

Established Member
Very true, but moving on from the yearly Vieira saga and moving on in general form his great reign, can only be good for us long term. Look at United's attempts to hang on to the past in Keane, and the desperation for replacements now he's almost antique.

Assuming he doesn't intend to regularly play Gilberto and Dacourt together, which I wouldn't be overly keen on, i'd be happy with this. Put my mind at rest everytime Bert goes in for a hard challenge at least there is someone that can play that role.

adrianz

Hope this is not what Reyes and TH14 have put their trust in the manager to have things up his sleeve. It's pure desperation.......... nothing against the player!

vcc1965

i agree Dacourt would be a good addition, more as a cover for gilberto , he wouldnt make our first eleven, but good in a squad

Ratinho

Established Member
adrianz said:
Hope this is not what Reyes and TH14 have put their trust in the manager to have things up his sleeve. It's pure desperation.......... nothing against the player!

Not really. I don't think signing Dacourt as backup will make them have any less trust in Wenger tbh.

asajoseph

Established Member
I used to hold Dacourt in extremely high regard in his Premiership days, so if he can recreate that now on occasion at least, it'd be great to have some extra cover.

The way things are currently looking, a CM list of Fabregas, Gilberto, Flamini, Song, Dacourt and possibly Hleb, is a lot better with Dacourt than without him.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
From the People:

OLIVIER DACOURT has priced himself out of a Premiership return with Arsenal or Bolton.

Dacourt wants around £40,000 a week - and a three-season deal - before he will quit hard-up Roma.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom