• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
anyone see his interview on Sky Sports? He sounded quite depressed
He unfortunately wasn't good enough to play in our system but was too good to be on the bench constantly in a WC year.

Honestly at times I am at awe at how our club treats some of our players, the respect it treats some of them is to be admired. As hard as it might be for fans, it must be great knowing that the manager will not stand in the way of your success.

Not sure what happened with JC and the likes, hopefully Sven does something with them if they get chances. Giroud will be missed because of the character he is.

c00lguy

Giroud has been an incredible servant for the club. 105 goals. Will be sorely missed.

(p.s: I will miss his **** too)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with the juicy bone.
Silence the pianos and, with muffled drum,
Giroud is gone. Let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle, their engines shout,
Scribbling in the sky the message: “Wenger Out!”
Put crepe bows around the white necks of the public doves.
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my north, my south, my east and west,
My working week and Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my (Alex) song.
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one.
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can come to any good.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Just watched his interview for Chelsea and his body language screams that he didn't want to leave, but Wenger wasn't going to offer him game time, so he was pretty much forced out. That's really sad.

Can't focus on my multiple variables partial derivatives. Just tears on my homework. Gonna watch few videos of Oliver Giroud and look over the photos I've saved of him in my computer tonight. This hurts more than millions paper cuts.

Can't imagine what @blaze_of_glory is going through. Must be living hell.

blaze_of_glory

Massive pressure on Lacazette now. I like him but if it turns out we lost Giroud to a shorter guy with less cool hair for no reason I'll be pissed. He does have a good beard though, credit where it's due.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Thanks for everything Olivier. I hope Chelsea fail but you get some consolation goals to keep you looking good. Good luck at the WC and with any luck you move back to France in the summer. Bon chance mom ami.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've always supported the big guy, always accepted his limitations, always knew we needed better. He leaves with a big place in the hearts of Arsenal fans, he's won the majority over against the odds due to sheer passion to prove himself and fight for everything. Good luck Olivier!

diesel3390

Chelsea will show us how to utilise Giroud.. Selling giroud to Chelsea is taking a piss.. We are struggling to make Top 4, Chelsea are our rivals for that Top 4 place and are struggling in the strikers position. They are so desperate for a big target man upfront to play off of as that is Conte’s style. Right now they are struggling because of it, but because we are Santa Clause Arsenal we will end up granting them their gift. What if Auba struggles to adapt like Laca is so far? I say keep Giroud and stop strengthening your rivals.. FFS..

This!

WTF are we doing selling a GREAT striker to Chelsea? FFS.
Don't care what anyone says Giroud proved himself at Arsenal. He scored over 100 goals and he saved Arsenal plenty of times. He's very under-rated and I believe that's because he isn't the typical mobile and pacy striker that Arsenal love (Auba, Henry etc). However, there were two aspects to his game which were undeniably world class: a) Heading - I guess no one will argue against this. He's probably among the top in all of world football. b) His first touch and hold up play. Remember that goal with Wilshere against Norwich? The back and forth flicks? He was world class at that.

Chelsea are getting a GREAT player. A better striker than Morata. And I have a nagging feeling Chelsea are going to know how to get the best out of him.

Make no mistake Giroud is one of the best target men in Europe!

VancouverCanuck

I always feel that he is underappreciated here.

He was brought in when we were going to sell RVP. Obviously the comparison did him favor.

I always supported him even when he had his goal scoring droughts as I thought he always tried his best.

I respect the fact that he is not happy to be a bench player. It demonstrates he is not just doing this for the paycheck.

Really sad to see him go. Hope he does really well in the WC, but not so much at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom