• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If Wenger stays then I can't really see this happening. He'd sell every other forward we have bar Alexis before he sells Oli unless Oli himself forces the issue.

It'd leave us arguably needed two forwards in the summer that'd cost a hefty fee. One starter and the other to basically fill the role that Giroud has had this season, and that won't be cheap.

Tho, in saying that we do have Asano coming back and Sanogo has hit some form for the Under 23's so who knows.
Have to assume Lucas is leaving as well.

Newchange

Although I know oli is no longer what we need moving forward I don't trust wenger to replace him with the CF we need. I'd only sell after a proper CF has been bought in and settled for a year. And in today's market Giroud goes for 30+million nothing less

zanziro1

£20 mill is just ridiculously low sum for a proven striker like Giroud. In the right setup, he would be banging in goals (not that I am a big fan of him). Even if he is on the wrong side of 30 he is still worth more in todays market. If Marseilles offer close to 30, I would book him on the first flight to France

say yes

forum master baiter
XXawzCa.gif

blaise

Expected this if we are going into next season with this system. No room for Giroud then because of his movement, Welbeck takes his spot with ease, let alone if we bring another forward and to bring you have to sell.
Our high salaries are problem when shifting solid players so we ll probably have to take this 20m and run. Marseille wont be able to match salary so they ll probably give him big signing bonus and so you ve got this fee. Suddenly I feel some hope for the future.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
20m is a laughable price for Giroud, the guy is worth 30m+ in the current market.
I think so too, but I'd just take the £20m if it's there. I mean, play a bit of hard ball and try and get more, but ffs, don't jeopardise the departure if it looks like OM are going cold :lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've wanted us to get rid of him for years. It'll be like an early Christmas if this transfer goes through.

We'll probably try to get 25 million for him, but he's 30 and traditionally that's when Wenger decides that it's time for you to go.

say yes

forum master baiter
If we were being linked to striker over the age of 30 who averages 13 league goals a season despite playing for one of the best sides in the country, for £20m, everyone on this forum would be spitting blood. And we're absolutely loaded.

Take your blinkers off, £20m for Giroud is an amazing deal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If France football reporting this then it's true they usually reliable when it comes to france players.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lets get the replacement first. Easy to say sell but 20m gets you a substandard journeyman striker like Lucas who Wenger took one game to know he wasn't good enough central.

Its reasonable to expect Alexis will leave this summer & Walcott will regress to his mean next season. Goals could be a huge issue.

If he is off should look no further to Milan & their new money. His style is a great fit for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom