• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Ideally we ship out all our squad strikers that aren't good enough to lead the line.

Giroud, Lucas, Wele, Campbell, Akpom, Sanogo.

A good £50m there. Either give Alexis it or buy Lacazette for the ST role.
Could even get close to £60M for that lot. There would likely be a few clubs interested in both Lucas and Welbeck.
I'm not the biggest fan of Lacazette but he's definitely an upgrade on every CF option we have, bar Alexis, and our most realistic transfer option for that position.

tenor.gif

Pls pls pls pls pls! Pls!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ideally we ship out all our squad strikers that aren't good enough to lead the line.

Giroud, Lucas, Wele, Campbell, Akpom, Sanogo.

A good £50m there. Either give Alexis it or buy Lacazette for the ST role.
While absolutely in favour of a mass clear out we should be also conscious that our stronger squad depth was one of the reasons we were able to beat Man City. If we sell lots of players we should be bringing in one top player either as a striker or wide forward and one or two semi decent players to strengthen the squad. Giroud for his faults is rarely injured and a more than decent option for us.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

While absolutely in favour of a mass clear out we should be also conscious that our stronger squad depth was one of the reasons we were able to beat Man City. If we sell lots of players we should be bringing in one top player either as a striker or wide forward and one or two semi decent players to strengthen the squad. Giroud for his faults is rarely injured and a more than decent option for us.

Would rather give a go to Mavividi and spend real big on a proper starting #9

503error

Fans here love Welbeck and his comical style of "football" so can see why they're so hyped for this one, even with no replacement

If the best we could get with CL football was Giroud we're in for a banter era 2.0

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would rather give a go to Mavividi and spend real big on a proper starting #9
There is that as well. But then sure like I said look how poor City are with their overall depth. You need someone who is at least viable they had Iheanacho on their bench and looked poor for it. How would we be with an even younger less tested player.

I'd happily have him as third or fourth choice. Ideally you have A New striker, another, Welbeck/Giroud and Mavividi (or another prospect like Assano )

I wish we went all in for Gabriel Jesus now :(

mm76

Yer Da
We ll never buy another striker who is definetely better than Giroud as long as we have him on our books. Dont know how people dont see that after all these years.

and you could substitute many players' names, e.g. Theo and Ramsey, for Giroud's and that would be just as true a statement

this is why Wenger makes me so mad - he keeps these guys when he should have a clearout and buy real quality

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good for everyone concerned if he moved on. I don't think he's happy being a squaddy.

Might even feel a good season back in France next year gets him on the plane to a World Cup.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We have a bloated squad because we actually carry too many crocks on our books so to mitigate this we have like 6-7 CMs, 6 CBs - half of those players can barely give you half a season anymore a la Wilshere, Ramsey, Santi, Mertesacker

Get rid of the crocks, upgrade the starters and maybe we won't have so many days missed through injury.

Look at how thin Chelsea and Sp**s' squads are compared to ours yet they're #1 and #2 in the PL.

Malky

Established Member
I, like others, thought £20M isn't enough in today's market...

Then I watched him against Sp**s and remember why £20M is a more than fair offer. He's useless.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We need to get this business done early and quietly and then pretend we never signed him in first place.
Bullshit and you tried to convince me Jiroo is one of your "favorite individual players"? Anyway, BS since despite the fact that I think its maybe the right time and right thing to do in parting ways, he has served his purpose as well given all that was possible within his capabilities so I'm grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom