• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We have that in Ox who also started showing that end product earlier in the year from outwide but everyone wants him to play central.

Half of his goals (6) have come from the League Cup. 2 goals and 4 assists in the PL. His overall play out wide in the PL still dogged by inconsistency.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just hope after Alexis we have a couple of strikers with similar attributes... 1st & 2nd choice. This changing in styles every few games cant help the team in the slightest. Dont really care if its a target man, pacey forward, box striker etc just not the drastic change.

Giroud

Established Member
Half of his goals (6) have come from the League Cup. 2 goals and 4 assists in the PL. His overall play out wide in the PL still dogged by inconsistency.

From back in December.

Yeah I agree he's still not quite there but what he was doing on the ball outwide was very impressive. Creating chances as good as anyone in the league, dribbling as a good as anyone

Chamberlain Shot Map

In terms of goals he's got to get more shots away in central areas inside the box if he wants to score more but he's been great creatively this season from outwide.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

From back in December.

Yeah I agree he's still not quite there but what he was doing on the ball outwide was very impressive. Creating chances as good as anyone in the league, dribbling as a good as anyone

Chamberlain Shot Map

In terms of goals he's got to get more shots away in central areas inside the box if he wants to score more but he's been great creatively this season from outwide.

I love those charts. His successful dribbles look "off the charts" - are those stats bench marked against the rest of the PL?

StefanB

I like the idea of Giroud as an impact player but replacing him with Welbeck...I mean Welbeck has some nice qualities like stamina, power and pace but he's never been a goal scorer.

We really need another top attacker.

Welbeck might not be the most prolific goalscorer, but he's an amazing team player. He usually brings the best out of other players with his movement, passing and awareness.

I still think he might become quite prolific once it starts clicking for him. Could see him end up with around 20 goals and close to 10 assists in the league if he was starting week in and out. He would also allow Alexis and Theo to flourish.

Hunter Zolomon

Welbeck might not be the most prolific goalscorer, but he's an amazing team player. He usually brings the best out of other players with his movement, passing and awareness.

I still think he might become quite prolific once it starts clicking for him. Could see him end up with around 20 goals and close to 10 assists in the league if he was starting week in and out. He would also allow Alexis and Theo to flourish.
to be fair he was averaging a goal per game before his injury and i think he is still doing the same now that he is back.

Hunter Zolomon

He isn't far away atleast.

I prefer Welbeck and Lucas as the central striker over Giroud. Giroud should be third choice and a super-sub in my eyes.
sometimes i just dont get wenger, its almost like he hates making the obvious choices because its obvious. Giroud should not be a starter, he is clearly too imobile, even stoke have gotten a more mobile forward to lead the line.

carlito'sway

Established Member
sometimes i just dont get wenger, its almost like he hates making the obvious choices because its obvious. Giroud should not be a starter, he is clearly too imobile, even stoke have gotten a more mobile forward to lead the line.

Dude, let me try to tell you that politely, this thread is about GIROUD, not about Arsène. We have plenty of threads dedicated to the manager. You can go there to talk about him.

OSBK

Established Member
This guy needs to be playing elsewhere.

Ibra,costa,kane,aguero and we have giroud

When all is said and done this season the team that wins the epl win it by having a forward of that calibre up front.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This guy needs to be playing elsewhere.

Ibra,costa,kane,aguero and we have giroud

When all is said and done this season the team that wins the epl win it by having a forward of that calibre up front.
He has only 11 starts all competition ffs (and 15 subs in)
how the heck that main frontman thing still get pin down on him... Sanchez is the main man upfront

why not tune in to this season's news for once

OSBK

Established Member
He has only 11 starts all competition ffs (and 15 subs in)
how the heck that main frontman thing still get pin down on him... Sanchez is the main man upfront

why not tune in to this season's news for once

11 starts too many.

Same news every season since he has been here.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I always support Giroud, like him and defend him against unwarranted criticism. However thinking about it, giving him a new contract and Wenger's decision to force him on the to the team were wrong calls. We should be selling Giroud this summer imho.

OSBK

Established Member
I always support Giroud, like him and defend him against unwarranted criticism. However thinking about it, giving him a new contract and Wenger's decision to force him on the to the team were wrong calls. We should be selling Giroud this summer imho.

Agree, value for money he has been one of the best. But we have to cash in and upgrade.

scytheavatar

Established Member
With him playing most of this season as if he was carrying an injury, I have a feeling Giroud's going to be the next player to get Arteta'd/Cazorla'd/Mert'd/etc...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom