• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlitobrigante

We have 2 major problems with our first team line up, and neither are to do with the defence, or formation imo.

First and probably biggest failing, is the poor mix we have in midfield. No natural wingers, no real athleticism or power, no quality DM, and too many bang average or injury prone players.

Our other major problem is that we don't have a single reliable striker in the squad, who can be consistent week in week out.

Giroud was poor today, and cant seem to handle any battle with a top quality centre back. His style of play does not suit us at all. I do like him, and think he is a good player, but he just isnt what we need. Although i like him as a squad / bench option, him being there allied with the other crappy striking options we have in and around the squad is holding Wenger back from going in really with big big money and signing a new elite level striker.

He has some good attributes, but it must be obvious to everyone by now that he is far from being good enough to lead our attack if we really want to compete against the best. His finishing is only average, his decision making is often poor, and he has no pace whatsoever. He is tall and good in the air but even with that he is still lacking that extra bit of strength and pure power that would allow him to really scare and bully defenders.

On his own he would not be a problem and i would be happy for him to stay, but his presence is made worse by the complete lack of any other top quality strikers in the squad.

Welbz - Too clumsy, below average finisher, no composure in front of goal.

Sanchez - Our best option, but not a natural striker and prefers to play deeper. Wont be here next year anyway.

Walcott - Cannot believe we haven't cashed in on him yet. An awful option up front. Has the pace and is a good finisher, but is completely missing the intelligence needed for a player of his type. Makes poor runs, and is so easily brushed off the ball that any half decent defence can shut him out easily if he is playing up front on his own.

Perez - Too early to tell but doesnt look to be anything like an elite striker for a team looking to win the big honours.

Sanogo - Words fail me that this guy is still on our books. Whoever scouted and recommended this player to us needs his eyes gouging out so he can never hurt another club in the way he has by giving us Yaya Sanogo. And why oh why is he still here! Just release him FFS and do us all a favour.

We need to sell Giroud this summer, sell Walcott, and quietly dispose of Sanogo and pretend he never happened. We should get 15 - 20 mill for Giroud, and surely 20 - 25m for Walcott? Add this to a warchest of 50mill approx, and we have a 90 million budget to finally get us the type of striker we have been crying out for since Van Persie left. I will never get over the fact that if we hadnt been so cheap, an extra few million could have gotten us Suarez. I say we slap a 70m opening bid in for Mbappe and take it from there.

Thought he played like a baby today. Constantly holding different body parts moaning. Showed a willingness to get back and help out but offered nothing going forward.

mm76

Yer Da
Meh both are good to have honestly, given our injury records. Danny can play the wings as well. Even if neither one of them is the godsend of a top striker (which are very, very rare) they play such contrasting styles that replacing one with the other really unsettles opposition.

i still think Welbeck actually makes more of a difference, although clearly his timing has gone to pieces and we would stand him down for a couple of matches in other cirumstances.

Lucas must be doing his nut at being injured right now, surely even Wenger would give him another try given Giroud and Welbeck's present form (wouldn't he?:confused:)

Donkey can be used to change our approach when losing or drawing late in the game. In desperation pump high balls in for him to 1 in 3 chances he 'might' score. Otherwise never start him - we cannot afford passengers worrying about their hair staying in place. Wenger has almost never accepted he was never a buy we needed...so being French he gets to play.

Zazu

French football magazine linking him with a move to Marseille in the summer.

Would probably rather have him here as back up over Welbz, but if we replaced him with a quality more mobile striker I wouldn't compalin

Goon-Ger

I've liked the big beautiful b*stard for years and always stuck up for him. He is another player (like so many others in out squad) would be be decent squad rotation options but cannot be relied upon as a main player to fire us to another title.

He's a very good CF on his day but he's certainly not elite.

blaise

Time to sell if he wants to go to Marseille, only way we ll ever go all in for a big name forward is if we sell Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom