• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oluwasegun Abiodun

KingReyes

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=264341&cpid=94&CLID=3&lid=&title=Gunners+keep+tabs+on+African&channel=Premiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership</a>

Ratinho

Established Member
Can't we have both youngsters and older players?

I hardly think all the £30m some people believe we have would go on this lad.

Mostarac

Established Member
This player is not even playing regularly for this team(very average side). How can he be good enough for Arsenal then?

Mostarac said:
This player is not even playing regularly for this team(very average side). How can he be good enough for Arsenal then?

Were Fabregas or Quincy Owusu-Abeyie playing regularly for their previous clubs first team before they both came to Arsenal ? Can anyone here remember the name of the obscure club Freddie Ljunberg played at before coming to Arsenal without doing a Google search? At least this guy has lots of International Youth tournaments and previous UEFA Cup experience under his belt. Its not for us to pre-judge a players ability or usefulness to Arsenal...thats the job of the talent scouts and Gaffer himself.

If the player in question Oluwasegun Abiodun, were to be playing for either Barcelona or Juventus without regularly playing for the team most of the folks here would be hyping the player as "the next Vieira" or "the next Tony Adams" (as they usually say here). I'm quite surprised no one has yet given the usual "African Nations Cup" excuse as a basis for the player not being compatible with Arsenal's playing schedules.

galaxyheight

can we have some world class and well known players here at arsenal??? yeah wenger please oh please there's already a lot of youngsters here so please stop buying young players and get us some experienced and world class players.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
It's not like these young players are denting the transfer funds. Continually signing youth players is a good thing provided it supplements experience and doesn't replace it.

famous no 10

Established Member
galaxyheight said:
can we have some world class and well known players here at arsenal???

So who are Sol, Ashley Cole, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Paddy,Reyes, Freddie, Gilberto and Edu then?
Not forgetting our Ralph, and soon to be World class Cesc and Senderos.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i'm nigerian and i have to say abiodun is one of our hottest properties. everyone is really excited about the prospect of him, martins and ogbeche leading the attack at the next 3 world cups. i've seen him play and he's pretty good. i certainly dont mind another young player at highbury. there is absolutely nothing wrong with investing in youth. if wenger had decided not to sign youngsters, we would not be raving about our young guns and how bright the future is for arsenal. i say if Arsène thinks he should be at arsenal, then he should be at arsenal. as long as an experienced CB and a good goalkeeper come to the club, wenger can do whatever else he wants with his transfer kitty.

Paden

richieduke said:
Mostarac said:

Were Fabregas or Quincy Owusu-Abeyie playing regularly for their previous clubs first team before they both came to Arsenal ? Can anyone here remember the name of the obscure club Freddie Ljunberg played at before coming to Arsenal without doing a Google search? At least this guy has lots of International Youth tournaments and previous UEFA Cup experience under his belt. Its not for us to pre-judge a players ability or usefulness to Arsenal...thats the job of the talent scouts and Gaffer himself.

If the player in question Oluwasegun Abiodun, were to be playing for either Barcelona or Juventus without regularly playing for the team most of the folks here would be hyping the player as "the next Vieira" or "the next Tony Adams" (as they usually say here). I'm quite surprised no one has yet given the usual "African Nations Cup" excuse as a basis for the player not being compatible with Arsenal's playing schedules.

Freddie played for Halmstads BK and was the best player in the Swedish first division.

A

Anonymous

i can see what Wenger is doin to be honest. Unlike Chelsea and Real Madrid we cant afford to pay big money for old players everytime the transfer window opens. For us to have world class players in the sqqaud we have to create them, eg- vieira, Henry, Ljunberg, Pires, Gilberto which is much like what is occuring with Fabregas and Flamini

A

Anonymous

i can see what Wenger is doin to be honest. Unlike Chelsea and Real Madrid we cant afford to pay big money for old players everytime the transfer window opens. For us to have world class players in the sqqaud we have to create them, eg- vieira, Henry, Ljunberg, Pires, Gilberto which is much like what is occuring with Fabregas and Flamini. I would prefer a team of young players, learning and listening,,, rather that a team like madrid full of 30 year olds who think they are to good for the team

Ratinho

Established Member
Exactly, if he brings in as much top quality youth as possible into our system, if 3 or 4 make it, it saves us £20-40m in the long run.

A

Anonymous

Ratinho said:
Exactly, if he brings in as much top quality youth as possible into our system, if 3 or 4 make it, it saves us £20-40m in the long run.

Or if we find another Thierry Henry or Vieira thats a saving of 60mill. Its perfect! This is th eonly way we can afford to compete in the future

Zico

Established Member
I'm amused. Why do Arsenal fans make so much noise about Wenger targeting youngsters?! A lot of people have been complaining about Wenger's ambitions for
Oluwasegun Abiodan and Marco Ne. Please remember a couple of things:

1. Wenger said he will buy big players and has already indicated that he has the requisite money. No big players are available at the end of the season, so wait til June before you complain about Wenger's targets. Remember, he can't even mention big players names because of fears of tapping up and the obvious danger that Madrid and Chelsea will grab the players first.

2. Wenger is the one big name coach who can boast about finding unknown and unwanted players. Henry, Cesc, Vieira, Toure are proof of his ability to find diamonds in the ruff.

So please, let the Professor proceed with his plan.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'll admit, I know bugger all about this kid, but it's yet another signing which would fail to excite me at all.

Top Bottom