On This Day...

American_Gooner

Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so.
Need a thread for those random OTD memories that pop up...

I remember just being in awe of Messi here, didn't even hurt losing like that especially due to half the first XI being out injured.

Riou

A-M's Resident Jobber
Mocking me, but not tagging me in this thread so I might miss it...clever :lol:

Riou

A-M's Resident Jobber
OTD in 2001, Arsenal beat Sp**s in the FA Cup semi-final...

Eydx7rBXIAc-SLd

...both captains were delighted with the result!

dashsnow17

Sounds Like Hairspray
Our last title win is nearly all grown up 😢 Just got the keys to a Toyota Aygo, sneaking into the club and doing a bit of mandy, thinks Jack Kerouac is a genius....how time flies.

Hunta

Shivering Right Now
Trusted
Our last title win is nearly all grown up 😢 Just got the keys to a Toyota Aygo, sneaking into the club and doing a bit of mandy, thinks Jack Kerouac is a genius....how time flies.

I remember clearly a decade or so ago I heard from a commentator how Liverpool were 20 years without a league title and wondered how that was possible. We’re 17 down and look another 17 away ffs.

Riou

A-M's Resident Jobber
What a day that was, though I was annoyed with the draw at the time tbh.

Thierry and Jen's got in a bit of a punch up over the last minute pen, in the changing room apparently :lol:

dashsnow17

Sounds Like Hairspray
I remember clearly a decade or so ago I heard from a commentator how Liverpool were 20 years without a league title and wondered how that was possible. We’re 17 down and look another 17 away ffs.

Yh we'll definitely get past 20, wouldn't be surprised to get to 30. We're already nearly breaking our previous title droughts, 18 years between 1953 and 1971 and another 18 between '71 and '89. So in a sense this could be the worst period in the club's history.

Sapient Hawk

The Reason We're Out of Europe

I'm now certain with us firmly under the Kroenke family's thumb we'll be breaking Liverpool's barren spell.

Though that alone is a somber thought, what truly hurts is that you know by then either one of Chelsea or City will have supplanted our place as the club with the third most titles :facepalm:

Latest posts