• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

On This Day...

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

A promising Polish goalie, a very experienced centre-back alongside a talented Frenchman, two defensively solid CBs at full-back. Two ball-winning terriers in midfield, great creativity and pace on the wings and two proven goal scorers up front.

What's not to like?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

A promising Polish goalie, a very experienced centre-back alongside a talented Frenchman, two defensively solid CBs at full-back. Two ball-winning terriers in midfield, great creativity and pace on the wings and two proven goal scorers up front.

What's not to like?
Not as bad as the Old Trafford defence with Juan and Stepanovs in it!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

11 years?

200.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Time really is here one minute and then gone the next ain't it, 2007 is over a decade and a half old now ffs...

...Kolo probably had the best long pass like the one for the first goal here that I have ever seen from a CB, he was exceptional at that.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Time really is here one minute and then gone the next ain't it, 2007 is over a decade and a half old now ffs...

...Kolo probably had the best long pass like the one for the first goal here that I have ever seen from a CB, he was exceptional at that.
Aliadiere was unplayable that day. Remember thinking that could've been his breakout performance but he went back into his shell afterwards, usually it's a lazy accusation but with him he seemed too timid or not determined enough to make it as he defo had the talent.

Had a binman career afterwards stinking it up everywhere then popped up with a random 30 G/A season in between aged 30, proper wasted talent.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A beautiful moment that was then ruined the following week by capitulation at Old Trafford to recent debutant Rashford & a hapless Swansea side that stole the points at the Emirates days later 😭

• Sad
Reactions: A_G

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
15th May 1993.

A friend of mine sent me this tweet today. Today is the 30th Anniversary of the 1993 FA Cup Final, Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday. This ended in a 1 - 1 draw.
It went to a Replay on the following Thursday night, which Arsenal Won 2 - 1. Andy Linighan scoring the Replay Winner.
Arsenal had achieved the FA Cup, and League Cup Double in 1993, both Finals were against Sheffield Wednesday. The First Team to achieve that.

Last edited:

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
17th May 2006.

On this Day, in 2006, Arsenal faced Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League Final. Arsenal, having just had there last season at Highbury, were hoping for European Cup Glory.

Screenshot_20230517-104706.png
The Final, which was being played in Paris, saw Arsenal go 1 - 0 up. Sol Campbell scored Arsenal's goal in the first half. The first 45 minutes also saw Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann get Sent Off.
Arsenal went onto lose the Final 2 - 1. Watching it on TV, seeing the dejected Arsenal players walk past the Trophy, to collect there runner's up medals, I thought will Arsenal get this close to the Trophy again?

Screenshot_20230517-104842.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom