• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

On This Day...

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
11th June 1971.

On this date, the former Arsenal attacking midfielder, Liam Brady, joined the Club as an Apprentice.
Excuse my ignorance, didn't know the time that he spent playing in Italy. He played for some big clubs, Juventus, Sampdoria, and Inter Milan.

Screenshot_20220611-005408.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

17th June 1997.

The then Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger had been busy in the Transfer Market. He made a triple signing of Marc Overmars, Emmanuel Petit and Giles Grimandi. On the previous day, goalkeeper Alex Manninger was signed.
Could not believe we had signed Marc Overmars, a quality winger. Think he was signed for £4.5m?, a bargain. Think at the time, there was doubts over his fitness levels?
These signings were made before the start of the 1997/98 Double Winning Season.

Screenshot_20220617-030746.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

26th June 1987.

Wishing former Arsenal attacking midfielder/winger, Samir Nasri, a Very Happy Birthday. 🎂
When I heard that Arsenal were signing a French wide player from Marseille, I thought it was Robert Pires, Mark 2. 🇨🇵

Screenshot_20220626-040807.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

2nd July 1970.

Wishing former Arsenal and Northern Ireland defender, Steve Morrow, a Very Happy Birthday. Steve famously scored the winning goal in the League Cup Final, against Sheffield Wednesday, in 1993 at Wembley.
During the Post Match Celebrations, he suffered a broken arm. 🏟️⚽🥅🚑

Screenshot_20220702-071044.png

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...a lot of good Arsenal players, signed on this day!

Andrew Cole Linighan

Robert Pires 🇨🇵 was signed in 2000 for £6,000,000. If we had to sign him today, what would his valuation be?
It reminds me of that Austin Powers moment. Marseille today might say, to Buy there Top Player, they want................£6,000,000!!!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Con
Just in hospital with our second child, so Dad clothing is looking increasingly attractive these days. I've got the whole trilogy now -

Dad Jokes. ✅
Dad Dancing. ✅
Dad Wear. ✅

Bet I still look sharper than 90% of the scrubs on this forum though.
Congrats, wishing him/her a healthy life.

A pic with an Arsenal shirt is due then.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Congrats, wishing him/her a healthy life.

A pic with an Arsenal shirt is due then.
First present my other daughter got 🤣

She could say Arsenal before Mummy almost... Had to move quickly because my father in law supports Sp**s.

Cheers mate, yeah it's busy times but great as well

Andrew Cole Linighan

8th July 1990.

Arsenal on this date made a signing. Former Arsenal manager, George Graham, signed left winger Anders Limpar. The Swedish International 🇸🇪 was signed from Italian Club Cremonese for £1,000,000.

Screenshot_20220708-045958.png
Anders Limpar, gracing the left wing. Anders was to have an eventful first season at the Club. The 1990/91 season saw us Win the First Division League Title. Screenshot_20220708-050659.png
Anders wearing the bruised banana kit.

Screenshot_20220708-050447.png
On International Duty with Sweden. 🇸🇪

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

How has it been two years already?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom