• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

On This Day...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Need a thread for those random OTD memories that pop up...

I remember just being in awe of Messi here, didn't even hurt losing like that especially due to half the first XI being out injured.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mocking me, but not tagging me in this thread so I might miss it...clever :lol:

Riou

OTD in 2001, Arsenal beat Sp**s in the FA Cup semi-final...

Eydx7rBXIAc-SLd

...both captains were delighted with the result!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our last title win is nearly all grown up 😢 Just got the keys to a Toyota Aygo, sneaking into the club and doing a bit of mandy, thinks Jack Kerouac is a genius....how time flies.

I remember clearly a decade or so ago I heard from a commentator how Liverpool were 20 years without a league title and wondered how that was possible. We’re 17 down and look another 17 away ffs.

Riou

What a day that was, though I was annoyed with the draw at the time tbh.

Thierry and Jen's got in a bit of a punch up over the last minute pen, in the changing room apparently :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I remember clearly a decade or so ago I heard from a commentator how Liverpool were 20 years without a league title and wondered how that was possible. We’re 17 down and look another 17 away ffs.

Yh we'll definitely get past 20, wouldn't be surprised to get to 30. We're already nearly breaking our previous title droughts, 18 years between 1953 and 1971 and another 18 between '71 and '89. So in a sense this could be the worst period in the club's history.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm now certain with us firmly under the Kroenke family's thumb we'll be breaking Liverpool's barren spell.

Though that alone is a somber thought, what truly hurts is that you know by then either one of Chelsea or City will have supplanted our place as the club with the third most titles :facepalm:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Popped up on my timeline today - some match in Paris in 2006. I've never seen a replay of the match or the goals since. I know Sol scored a header but can't remember who supplied the assist. I swear it was from a free kick on the right. Arsène wore a white shirt. I thought we'd be back in the final again someday not long after. Wrong.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
15th June 1995. Bruce Rioch was appointed Arsenal Manager. Having arrived from Bolton Wanderers, he made Blockbuster signings in Dennis Bergkamp and David Platt. (Think he also brought back John Lukic). Was he a good Manager at Arsenal?

Alexs

He got us to 5th and made excellent signings. So, by present standards he was a genius.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
17th June 1997. Arsène Wenger made 3 signings on this day. Marc Overmars, Emmanuel Petit and Giles Grimandi.
When we signed Overmars, wasn't it a bit of a gamble as he was not fully fit? He would go on to become a fantastic player at Arsenal, along side fellow Dutchman Dennis Bergkamp.
Emmanuel Petit would form a formidable midfield partnership along side Patrick Vieira. Also having Marc Overmars on the left wing, and a converted Ray Parlour on the right side of midfield.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom