• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

On This Day...

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
24th June ? What do Former Arsenal player Arturo Lupoli, Lionel Messi, Micah Richards and Kevin Nolan all have in common?
No, they all haven't played for Bolton Wanderers under Sam Allardyce.
Today it is all of there Birthdays.
Happy Birthday!!!
🎈🎂🎂🎂🎂🎈

Andrew Cole Linighan

To this day, if I owned a bar or restaurant and I saw Thomas walk in ..... my guy is dining for free.
It I owned a bar or restaurant and I saw Morrow and Linighan walk in, they would be having a night of free food. 🍔🌭🍟🍕🌯🌮🥙🥗🍧🍰🍻🥤☕ Maybe free drink as well.
We could maybe talk about the 1993 Finals. 🟥⬜ Vs 🟦⬛ 🏆🏆

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A midsummer BITE’S dream! On this day, 26th June Suarez was expelled from the 2014 World Cup :lol:

53a9bec5eab8ea991eb256c6

Andrew Cole Linighan

30th June 1999. On this date in 1999, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger signed the Clubs first ever Brazilian player. The full back Silvinho was signed from Corinthians.

Andrew Cole Linighan

3rd July 2001. On this Day in 2001, Sol Campbell signed for Arsenal from Tottenham Hotspur.
I could not believe it when this happened. Would be be considered a Tottenham Legend after joining us? That Status may have been distroyed. Done well with us.
🏟️🟥⬜ 🚕. 🏟️⬜🟦

Andrew Cole Linighan

8th July 1990. Manager George Graham signed Swedish winger Anders Limpar.
Limpar was signed from Italian Club Cremonese, for a fee I think of £1,000,000.
🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪

Andrew Cole Linighan

10th July 1956. Former Arsenal and Republic of Ireland Striker Frank Stapleton was born on this date. Born in Dublin, Frank scored 108 goals for Arsenal. 🇮🇪

Andrew Cole Linighan

13th July 1998. A date where my Hero, Ian Wright left Arsenal. 🟥⬜ He signed for West Ham United. 🟪🟦
When he signed for us in September 1991, for 2.5 million from Crystal Palace 🟥🟦I was really pleased. He was brilliant in the Mark Bright/Ian Wright strike partnership.
He is a former Arsenal Record Goalscorer.
I had a Arsenal Nike long sleeved Home shirt, (1994/96). With WRIGHT 8 on the back. Also had an Ian Wright poster that I bought after an Arsenal Home Match, from a street stall on Avenell Road.
Thank you for what you did at the Club Wrighty.

Ian Wright, Wright, Wright!!!
🥅⚽⚽⚽

Alexs

22nd June 1983. Arsenal signed Scottish striker Charlie Nicholas. He was signed for £650;000 from Celtic.
🟩⬜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. 🟥⬜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Missed this when you posted it. Champagne Charlie, I was so excited when we signed him. Easily the best 5-a-side player I've ever seen. I watched his confidence slowly ebb away as he hit the bar, the post, the bar, a brilliant save, the bar again, rather than score. He wilted in the Graham autocracy (and spent too much time in nightclubs) but still managed two really scrappy goals to win us the '87 League Cup final.

Andrew Cole Linighan

22nd July 1992. A Sad day for me. The Late, Great, David 'Rocky' Rocastle 🟥⬜ was sold by manager George Graham to Leeds United for £2,000,000. ⬜⬜ David later went onto play for Manchester City 🟦⬜, and Chelsea 🟦🟦.
People rightly talk about the famous Arsenal back four. For me, when I first began supporting Arsenal in 1991, there was the midfield of, Paul Davis, David Rocastle and Michael Thomas. 🟥⬜

Andrew Cole Linighan

25th July 2003. In this year, we signed the German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann. 🇩🇪🧤 He was signed from Borussia Dortmund. What a debut 2003/04 season he was to have, the Invincible season.
When I first started Supporting Arsenal in 1991, David Seaman was pretty much all I knew. (Barring brief appearances from Miller, Bartram, Manninger, Wright etc). Jens was the next First Choice goalkeeper? Seemed strange at first not having David at the Club.
But the position had changed hands, or should I say, changed gloves. 🧤⚽🥅

Andrew Cole Linighan

30th July ? Sorry, I will have to get a Red Card for this. 🟥
What do the following have in common? Jurgen Klinsmann 🇩🇪, Hope Solo 🇺🇲, Neil Webb 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, also, Lisa Kudrow 🏙️🗽☕🇺🇲, and Arnold Schwarzenegger 🕶️🔫🏍️🇦🇹.
No, they don't all live in California. They all have a Birthday today. Happy Birthday. 🎂🎊
Sorry, back to The Arsenal On this Day. 🟥⬜ Today is ex Scottish Winger Brian Tawse Birthday. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Brian played for Arsenal and Brighton.

Andrew Cole Linighan

2nd August 1999. In this year, Arsène Wenger signed Croatian striker Davor Suker 🇭🇷 from Real Madrid.
Davor formed a good striking partnership with Thierry Henry.

Andrew Cole Linighan

3rd August 1999. This must have been Arsène Wenger's two Greatest Days in signing players. A day after he signed Davor Suker, he signed another forward player. This time it was none other than Thierry Henry. 🇫🇷
Thierry 'Va, Va, Voom' Henry was to go onto become an Arsenal Legend. He was signed from Juventus, and was to be turned from a wide player, into a striker.
I thought Ian Wright would be Arsenal's top goalscorer for a while, but Thierry Henry changed that.

HENRY 14 🟥⬜

Andrew Cole Linighan

7th August 1968. Today is ex Arsenal understudy goalkeeper Vince Bartram's Birthday!!! 🎂
Vince was signed from Bournemouth in 1994, and was with Arsenal for 4 years. He made 11 appearances in that time.
He is now at Southampton as part of the goalkeeper coaching set up. 🥅🧤⚽

Alexs

7th August 1982 - Tony Adams' 1st Arsenal appearance
7th August 1999 - Thierry Henry's 1st Arsenal appearance
7th August 2002 - Gilberto Silva joins Arsenal
7th August 2019 - Carl Jenkinson leaves Arsenal
7th August 2021 - Nothing

Andrew Cole Linighan

Carl Jenkinson seemed to disappear. Now at Nottingham Forest, have not heard much about him. Think he came at the same sort of time as Callum Chambers?
When he signed from Charlton Athletic, thought he was going to be the next big player to come from there. Scott Parker, Scott Minto, Lee Bowyer, Darren Bent.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom