• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

On This Day...

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
30th April 1965.

Wishing former Arsenal player Eddie McGoldrick a Very Happy Birthday. 🎂🎈 Eddie was signed from Crystal Palace, and was a Republic of Ireland International. 🇮🇪
Eddie scored a brilliant goal for Arsenal, against Standard Liege, in the European Cup Winners Cup.
Screenshot_20220430-102643.png

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...really thought Ramsey-Wilshere, in a midfield 3, was the way forward after this game.

Andrew Cole Linighan

28 years ago

The European Cup Winners Cup Tournament of 1993/94 was fantastic. It was memorable run to the Final in Copenhagen. 🏟️🇩🇰 On route, we played Standard Liege, 7 - 0 away win? The Eddie McGoldrick goal scored in that game. ⚽🥅🇮🇪 The cagey game against Torino, think we won 1 - 0 on aggregate? Tony Adams scored at Highbury?
The Semi Final against Paris Saint Germain. PSG had a decent side, David Ginola, George Weah in there side.
Then onto the Final against Parma. Parma had players like Gianfranco Zola, Thomas Brolin and Faustino Asprilla. Our defence stood firm, and without Ian Wright, we won 1 - 0. Alan Smith scoring a brilliant goal, to see Arsenal win the trophy.
There were some decent sides in that Tournament. Just a shame we were not able to retain it the following season.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The European Cup Winners Cup Tournament of 1993/94 was fantastic. It was memorable run to the Final in Copenhagen. 🏟️🇩🇰 On route, we played Standard Liege, 7 - 0 away win? The Eddie McGoldrick goal scored in that game. ⚽🥅🇮🇪 The cagey game against Torino, think we won 1 - 0 on aggregate? Tony Adams scored at Highbury?
The Semi Final against Paris Saint Germain. PSG had a decent side, David Ginola, George Weah in there side.
Then onto the Final against Parma. Parma had players like Gianfranco Zola, Thomas Brolin and Faustino Asprilla. Our defence stood firm, and without Ian Wright, we won 1 - 0. Alan Smith scoring a brilliant goal, to see Arsenal win the trophy.
There were some decent sides in that Tournament. Just a shame we were not able to retain it the following season.
Remember Wrighty's tears as he picked up that suspension that would rule him out. They were a good Parma side as you say.

Andrew Cole Linighan

7th May 2006.

Arsenal 4 - Wigan Athletic 2. On this date, Arsenal played there last ever game at Highbury. Unfortunately, wasn't at the Match, sure to have been an emotional day. Things that stick out for me from that day:- The Red and the White t-shirts people wore at the ground, looked impressive. 🟥⬜🟥⬜🟥⬜ Also the image of the Next Game at Highbury sign. Whoever got that at the Auction, certainly has a piece of History.

Screenshot_20220507-073040.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

I like how Highbury is still around in the form of Apartments. The pitch/communal gardens is a nice part.
I liked what Tottenham Hotspur did with White Hart Lane. Shame they replaced it with a New Stadium.

Andrew Cole Linighan

8th May 1971.

On this date, Arsenal completed there first ever League and Cup Double.
Arsenal beat Liverpool 2 - 1, in the 1971 FA Cup Final at Wembley.
Screenshot_20220508-043530.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

21st May 2005.

On this date, in 2005, Arsenal were playing Manchester United in the FA Cup Final, in Cardiff.
Manchester United had the upper hand during the 90 minutes, but could not score. The game went to a penalty shootout. Arsenal Won the shootout 5 - 4. Arsenal had Won there 10th FA Cup.

Screenshot_20220521-002319.png

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Remember we got battered in this game game :lol:

It was the first Arsenal game I ever watched. I don't know for some reason I fell in love with the team that day

Andrew Cole Linighan

22nd May 1990.

On this date, Arsenal Manager George Graham sold goalkeeper John Lukic to Leeds United for £1,000,000.
John had good spells at both Arsenal and Leeds. At Leeds, he won the First Division Championship in 1992.
Arsenal went onto sign David Seaman.

Screenshot_20220522-032302.png

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Remember we got battered in this game game :lol:

We were missing Henry and Campbell that day, but still not sure how we didn't play better than we did...still had a top quality team out, least the players battled hard and never gave up though.

We deserved the luck on that day, imo... especially after the way our Unbeaten run was ended by them that season.

It was the first Arsenal game I ever watched. I don't know for some reason I fell in love with the team that day

Beating United in a cup final, pretty great first game to watch!

Andrew Cole Linighan

26th May 1989.

This was the date when Arsenal went up to Anfield. Liverpool and Arsenal were both in the hunt for the First Division Championship. Arsenal needed to beat Liverpool by two clear goals.
Sure enough, Arsenal Won 2 - 0. Alan Smith scored the opening goal, then Michael Thomas scored the late, dramatic second.

Screenshot_20220526-002206.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

29th May 1981.

Wishing former Arsenal player Andrey Arsharvin, a Very Happy Birthday. I will always associate him with this picture. The Liverpool v Arsenal match at Anfield. A 4 - 4 draw, where he scores all 4 of our goals. 🥅⚽⚽⚽⚽ 🎈🎂

Screenshot_20220529-094846_Chrome.jpg

Andrew Cole Linighan

6th June 1990.

Wishing former Arsenal defender Gavin Hoyte, a Very Happy Birthday. Gavin's Brother Justin, was also a defender at Arsenal. Gavin made one appearance for Arsenal, and had loan moves to Watford, Brighton, Lincoln and AFC Wimbledon. He then went onto make permanent moves to Dagenham, Gillingham, Barnet and Eastleigh. Gavin is now at Maidstone United.

Screenshot_20220606-071600.png

Top Bottom