• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oooooooospina (Oooooooout)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
http://www.haberturk.com/spor/futbol/haber/1092375-fenerbahcede-kaleye-david-ospina-geliyor

Turkish site claims that his transfer to Fenerbahce is all done, will be announced after the Copa America, seems like an obvious precursor to Cech arriving. 5.5m euros fee. This is properly ruthless from Wenger.

Looks to be one of the final nails in the coffin for the cech transfer (short of Ornstein and .com)

Shame, as he wasn't bad or anything, but for the best. Sczc has a higher ceiling, needs to get his head down and maybe a better Gk coach behind him.

Goon_si

IMO the smart move if true, from the two obvious options (selling either Szcz or Ospina). Szczesny does have more potential and it should be phenomenal for him to learn from someone like Cech.

Would still like it if Szczesny was loaned and Opsina stays as backup. But unlikely he'd want a loan.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny is still extremely young for a keeper, as is Emi Martinez who's also shown a lot of promise. Both could develop into number 1's whilst Ospina is heading towards his peak, arguably is currently in his peak. Selling Ospina makes more sense, even though he's only been here a short while.

I'd sell Ospina too, hope this has legs, smart business.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ospina is too good a keeper to be a clear back up to Cech. Good for everyone involved.

He was a solid influence in a difficult time and he won 2 trophies with us.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Did we sign him for free? I think we did but can't recall

AVENTUS

Can't see why Ospina would wan't to leave Arsenal for Turkey his only just arrived here and is contracted for 3 years. I don't think this story makes any sense or holds any weight.

Emibury

Not sure I am entirely happy if this is true. Schezny needs games to improve, and if he is our No 2 then he will not get them. I would much rather Schezny be loaned out and Ospina becomes our No 2 (who I currently rate higher than Schezny).

The fact that Cech is not mentioned in the linked article suggests to me that the link may be real, and not just some BS made up based on our interest in Cech.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure I am entirely happy if this is true. Schezny needs games to improve, and if he is our No 2 then he will not get them. I would much rather Schezny be loaned out and Ospina becomes our No 2 (who I currently rate higher than Schezny).

The fact that Cech is not mentioned in the linked article suggests to me that the link may be real, and not just some BS made up based on our interest in Cech.

We could still loan Szczesny out and give Martinez the No. 2 position. He didn't disgrace himself when he played for us last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom