• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

flotz

i really dont see why we cant go through...
the next two game are the game we are supposed to win....i mean we should beat kiev and lokomotiv at home..
and it doesnt sound that difficult to dig a result in milan..
we did it against roma last year...especially if inter will be already qualified ....
i think that lokomotiv's win is not a good thing because if inter had won they would already be qualified...
but still!
im optimistic!!!
and if youre true gooners you should be too!!

Gunner Ossie

flotz

Wake up and smell the coffea mate you can be as optimistic as you like but reality will eventually appear and bit you on the arsenal.

People are talking as if our home games are already won. sorry i beg to differ. I think we will win one of our home games draw the other and loose to, or draw with inter millan. the fact if that we only have 1 point and the others have 4 therefore all they have to do is win 1 and draw 1 and we have no chance. Just forget it mate and concentrate on the league. Even if we did get through it would have been with the help of others which real champions league contenders should not need.

Real arsenal supporters can also be quite realistic too.

flotz

why give up if we still have a chance of qualifiying..
is think we will go through
we are the best sidein that group so i cant see a reason why we cant win our last 3 games
until now we were very unlucky maybe its our turn to be a little bit lucky
and it is a champions sign

XxGoonaStuxX

No , but I think what he's trying to say is that its better than us sitting here saying "Arsenal can't get through, blah blah blah".
The fact is there is a possibility that we can and we need to give it our ALL.
Imagine if in the dressing room all the players were like " We can't get through booh hoo hoo".
I think not. Im expecting ALL our players to rise to the occasion.

Gunner Ossie

XxGoonaStuxX & Flotz

What youre suggesting is a bit like Asking Harry Redknapp to convince his portsmouth players that they are going to win the premiership despite the fact that they have got 1 point out of possible 9 with only 3 games remaining. Yes it is mathamatically possible but HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

In my view there is no point in trying to raise false hopes here. The players will do their best to qualify but that, for me, is all we should expect. Theres a lot to learn from history

Jinn

Established Member
There's no doubt we're good enough... It's the mentality that has to change.

A

Anonymous

look at real madrid last year they were a minute away from elimination..year before that leverkusen beat us to the last spot cus of stupid deportivo.. they didnt win the cl but they did good.. all im trying to say dont say we dont desereve if we do get through...

Andrew

We have nothing to lose now (like we've had in previous years), totally against the odds. Everyone has virtually eliminated us already. Now we will see the real Arsenal in the CL, I love everything against the odds and I'm sure the players feel the same way.

But IMO it is good that this is happening now. If we had it so we were winning easily we would go into the knockout stage and then reality will kick in. Reality has kicked in from the very first match this campaign which really showed us that going far in the CL is no easy task. I'll admit the chances of us qualitying are slim (we'll probably win the next two and then will have another heartbreaking loss away from home like always), if we do qualify then we'd go into the knock-out stages in really good form.

I'll go as far as to say that we'll either be knocked out in this group stage, or we'll go on to win the whole thing. I think the former is more likely but if we win the next 3 games in a row we will go through (as 9 points is normally enough, let alone 10) and we'll be the inform team in the copetition. Now there's only a slight matter of winning those 3 games... :?

daryl

We might end up need results from the other teams to ensure that we get our place. But from the past few years, these "other" teams always can't seem to get the job done. We'll need lots of luck to get through this, even if we have the quality we have.

Newcastle had it last season. So why not us this time? :eek:

thegame24

Established Member
ok we can go through if we win all our games and if any other one of the 3 teams win their 2 games.

so if we win all our games and moscow beat kiev and inter we will win the group :D

daryl

Inter at the San Siro will be the main problem. Under normal circiumstances, a draw would be a great result, so needing a win there would be great pressure.

A

Anonymous

Our next 2 games are not the russians.We have Kiev at highbury then Milan away then Lokomotiv last.I think the milan one is the real one we have to win,but knowing Arsenal they will do something stupid like draw against kiev at Highbury.

laolu

Marhes25 said:
Our next 2 games are not the russians.We have Kiev at highbury then Milan away then Lokomotiv last.I think the milan one is the real one we have to win,but knowing Arsenal they will do something stupid like draw against kiev at Highbury.

you never can tell, it's Arsenal ;)

patrick42uk

Established Member
I am one of those that isnt optimistic about our chances of qualification. But i tell you something we can draw optimism from, it was the performance last night. I just thought everything was right, individual performances, the tactics the attitude of the players, it was all spot on. nine times out of ten we would have won that game. it just came down to not having enough luck. Our time will come in the champions league, all it will take is to go on a run of good results. Even if we dont qualify this year, the performances in the next 3 games is vital. Put in a good showing and it could hold us in good stead for years to come. Spending on experienced champions league players would also help

thegame24

Established Member
if we wanna qualify we gotta be prepared for 100% pressure.

we hav pressure to beat kiev, even though they suck away they'll like the cold weather.

then we are gonna HAVE to beat inter who are at home and hav the memory of 3-0 to ensure them confidence.

THEN we hav to beat Moscow at highbury to qualify. even more pressure on us even though we are at home.

how do u handle pressure? u relax. who is the most relaxed KANU. this man is the key in the cl ive said it time and time again. play him!

if in any of those games we are losing at half time we hav to go with 4 attackers from the get go of the second half.

Henry Kanu

Pires Wiltord/ljungberg

vieira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom