• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Orkun Kokcu

Goonger

It's worth remembering that he's still 19. Could be that he showed a lot of promise at youth level and we're looking to snap him up before he adapts to this new level and becomes expensive. Just speculating though, I haven't seen much of him.

The talk a couple of months back was that we wanted to snap him up before the Euros because we expected him to get called up by Turkey & we were worried he would have a break out tournament & his price would rise, so we must be expecting good things from the boy.

db10fan

I think we have Willock and ESR as young CM/CAM to grow next season so we should prioritize signing top CDM as Xhaka Torreira Gwen are all flawed.
If we want to buy from Eredivisie, better go to PSV for Ihattaren who is clearly better than Kokcu right now at CAM. Ihattaren is also left footed to provide alternative to Willock and ESR as both are right footed.
New top CDM - Gwen - Xhaka/Torreira - Willock - ESR - Ihattaren - Özil, seems balanced and talented can grow into a very good midfield.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
This is upsetting. If Arteta is after this guy....... I don't see any "philosphy" in this Kocku beyond a decent forward pass once in a while.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This is upsetting. If Arteta is after this guy....... I don't see any "philosphy" in this Kocku beyond a decent forward pass once in a while.
Well he’s an attacking midfielder so in that sense he fits the “philosophy”. We only have one AM in the team at the moment so it makes to buy at least 2 more.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Well he’s an attacking midfielder so in that sense he fits the “philosophy”. We only have one AM in the team at the moment so it makes to buy at least 2 more.
I meant more the quality and traits of the player. He doesn't seem anymore or better an AM than Willock and ESR are to me. Actually worse and he seems to be more limited in a far worse league in all honesty.

B77

I meant more the quality and traits of the player. He doesn't seem anymore or better an AM than Willock and ESR are to me. Actually worse and he seems to be more limited in a far worse league in all honesty.
Dont see anything remotely special about this kid. Should be looking at the likes of a Thiago Almada instead, he has superb vision, finishing and passing!

LG10

This seems agent driven, just doesn’t look like a very good player tbh and we don’t need youth in that position with ESR. Reminds me of that Claude maurice guy we were linked with last summer who ended up at monchengladbach

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This seems agent driven, just doesn’t look like a very good player tbh and we don’t need youth in that position with ESR. Reminds me of that Claude maurice guy we were linked with last summer who ended up at monchengladbach

It's funny how we are linked to players by agents all the time when we hardly buy anyone.

Guendouzi is very similar to him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Heard 20M mentioned, not sure we can even afford that with all the work needed elsewhere in the team.

Even if he’s a talent, it’ll be 2/3 years before he starts paying back on that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Heard 20M mentioned, not sure we can even afford that with all the work needed elsewhere in the team.

Even if he’s a talent, it’ll be 2/3 years before he starts paying back on that.
I’ll say it again, Kokcu is not Arsenal calibre talent, he’s not even better than ESR.

Also the pricetags mentioned in the media is a dead giveaway that this is a trash rumour. If you want to pick up Kokcu you could get him for 10M or less.

1. Feyenoord is well known for not getting good prices for their players (mostly because they almost never turn out great).

2. Kokcu has barely shown anything so far except that he fits Advocaat’s rigid defensive-counter system. Under Stam he was drowning in midfield.

3. Feyenoord is still in the middle of a new stadium project that dates back 10 years, until it happens they can’t raise their budget so a transfersum for kokcu of 10M would be like 20% of their annual budget and they would jump on that.

4. Corona crisis has hit clubs like Feyenoord who aren’t cash rich like ajax super hard, money is tight, Kokcu is not that important, they will sell in a hearbeat.

In conclusion, this Kokcu story is not true because A: he’s just not that good and B: the media reports it like a chase of some medium money costing talent when in reality feyenoord would sell for half the money reported yesterday.

Top Bottom