• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The league figured out Conte's Chelsea by the second season. Finished 5th that year. This version of Sp**s isn't much different from the Conte template. They'll start figuring them out soon enough. Plus Son and Kane will get injuries if the fixtures pile up. They really don't have any replacements for them.
Might be so, but right now they seem to have some momentum. And we’re going in to January with a total of 3 cm’s who at best are mid table quality.

I
I want to see improvement and improvement means getting a result, we keep saying we're a better team now, at least foce a draw against City at home that's all I'm asking for, should be doable with the talent we have at home.
I don't even care for the points........ Well, I do! Anyways, I just want us to give them a game! Make them hate to come to the Emirates! It sucks but I feel Pool and them have been counting six points off of us guaranteed during preseason! That's unacceptable for The Arsenal! No one should come to the Emirates thinking they have all the points in the bag!
I don't care if your squad cost is 1B, no one should ever think that! Tbh, I sort of envy Sp**s in that regard!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Didn't watch Sp**s yesterday but the feeling is they're finding their feet under Conte. I think they're all but guaranteed 6 points and with Chelsea's form I wouldn't be too surprised if they come out with 9 points either.

They should pick up 9 points quite easily from their next 3. Fingers crossed they don't.

The NLD on 16th will be a massively important game, as will our home tie with Manure be. Imo those two will make or break top 4 for us, wins in both needed.
TOO MUCH CREDIT

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The more relevant question with Sp**s is that their remaining 3 fixtures to complete their first half set of fixtures are @Leicester, @Burnley, and @Brighton.

So, yeah, strongly doubt Sp**s get more than 6 pts from those fixtures--see 5 or maybe less as most likely--I think it's pretty good bet to say now after United's draw that we've done one half of the league in 4th place.

Tbf we need to beat Wolves at home to really say we have achieved 35 over the first 19, because we've played bottom Norwich twice.

United has @Brentford and Brighton at home. Can see them getting as little as 1-4 pts from those. Really doubt they get 6, which means given a win at home against Wolves we'll have established a bit of distance between us and United in the first half of fixtures.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
With the while Covid situation it's even harder to predict results then usual.

You could end up having to put out a mainly reserve side and getting turned over by anyone really.

Fancy us to do Wolves and Sp**s if we've got something like our first 11 available though.
Anything from the Man City game beyond a decent performance would be a bonus.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Great result for us with United, didn't expect that. That's the games in hand out the window already for them, wouldn't be surprised if they drop more as well.

With form it's all about the right timing and us and Sp**s seem to be the two in form sides in that area of the table. The NLD could be a crucial fixture.

GunnerShy

If we mostly keep beating the teams we should beat. Break even against MU, Sp**s then results against the top 3 will be irrelevant. We will make Top 4 in a canter. It will be like the later Wenger years when we would make 4th but get battered by the teams above us.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Great result for us with United, didn't expect that. That's the games in hand out the window already for them, wouldn't be surprised if they drop more as well.

With form it's all about the right timing and us and Sp**s seem to be the two in form sides in that area of the table. The NLD could be a crucial fixture.
Newcastle really should have won this game; they were far more dominant. We need to stop showing so much respect to Utd when we play them; feels we lose it mentally rather than with our ability.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
If we mostly keep beating the teams we should beat. Break even against MU, Sp**s then results against the top 3 will be irrelevant. We will make Top 4 in a canter. It will be like the later Wenger years when we would make 4th but get battered by the teams above us.
But thats the key, getting a fair share of the results against competitors. Its not entirely clear if we can do this although the way we are playing means we should be.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Newcastle really should have won this game; they were far more dominant. We need to stop showing so much respect to Utd when we play them; feels we lose it mentally rather than with our ability.
That's exactly it and it's not just ManU. Liverpool and City as well

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Didn't watch Sp**s yesterday but the feeling is they're finding their feet under Conte. I think they're all but guaranteed 6 points and with Chelsea's form I wouldn't be too surprised if they come out with 9 points either.

They should pick up 9 points quite easily from their next 3. Fingers crossed they don't.

The NLD on 16th will be a massively important game, as will our home tie with Manure be. Imo those two will make or break top 4 for us, wins in both needed.

I retract! :thumbsup:
I retract again :lol:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
28/12 Southampton - Sp**s
01/01 Watford - Sp**s
05/01 Chelsea - Sp**s

You'd think they'd beat Soton and Watford. The Chelsea game is probably drawish, but they'll be up near us no doubt.

27/12 Newcastle - Man U
30/12 Man U - Burnley
03/01 Man U - Wolves

9 points?
Seems it will only be 4 points for both teams cuz we'll be beating Tottenham

Tom Mix

We should be looking at a minimum of 16 points there. If we get that we'll be well clear in 4th and pushing on 3rd and 2nd.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
H Burnley win
A Wolves draw
H brentford Win
H Sheff Utd Win
A Watford win
A WBA win
H Leicester win
A Villa win

22 points please!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Looking at that list only Villa away I'd not be totally sure of us winning at this moment. Not played on paper of course but none of the sides below top 4 or 5 look like they have much about them this season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom