• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 5 games...

Tomb Bombadil

Need to take it game by game the next set of fixtures is tough but apart from Liverpool and UTD away we should be capable of winning the rest. Newcastle are poverty even with new manager Everton been poor Southampton are average and westham despite thier amazing season we playing at home so we have to look to win the game.
Mikel? Is it you?

But I agree. A lot can change in a few weeks.

It seems like people expecting at least 12 points from this fixtures. We are getting greedy which is ok. But even Chelsea gave away points against Burnley. In the PL you can lose points against any team and I think it was also a bit luck that we won 6 and draw 2 in the last 8.

I would say we should win against Newcastle, Everton and Southampton and then I am already happy. Don't expect anything against Liverpool and it will be difficult against United and West Ham. Hope to get some point there as well.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Focus on the Liverpool match first and forget about the rest until this one is done.

A month ago I'd have thought we'd have no chance at Anfield but given we're on a good run we shouldn't be looking past that match. They're obviously a fantastic side but there's no reason we can't go there and do something.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
FDnMT00WUAcwyvM

6 instead of 5 but this is a huge run
Anything more than 9 points would be a bonus.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anfield is basically a free hit now.

They’re going to be fired up after the West Ham game and could see Salah going Super Saiyan but were in a really good place now.

Beat the Geordies afterwards and see what happens at Old Trafford then Goodison. Saints have actually got a good set up and West Ham are the in form team right now so those are trickier than they look.

Emibury

11/18 points or more would be a very good outcome - that would leave us at over 1.8 points per game with an easy set of three Christmas fixtures afterwards where we should be aiming for 9 points from.

We're probably about 50-50 as so whether we get anything from the Liverpool game, and a bit better than that at United and Everton - 4 points would be a decent outcome. The home games are probably slightly easier than average so 7 points is a reasonable goal - can see a draw against West Ham or Southampton happening.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Liverpool A (a loss probably)
Newcastle H (win)
Man Utd A (draw)
Everton A (win)
Soton H (win)
West Ham H (draw)

11 with a bit of luck?
This is how I see it too with the hope that we can get something out of the Liverpool game, who are fragile defensively. Vvd doesn’t look the same player he was pre-injury.

Brighton and West Ham really got at their back line and got their just reward. We have the forward players to test their back line but Smith Rowe will need to put a shift in to help Tavares out against Sala.

11/12 points out of this group of fixtures would be a job well done.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's so hard to predict results, especially this season.

It's not outrageous to think we could nick the 3 points against Liverpool, turn over Man Utd and get done by West Ham and / or Southampton. Even the Newcastle match doesn't look as much of a gimmie now with Howe likely to get a new manager bounce.

Double figure points from those 6 games against however we get them and we'll be right in the hunt for 4th.

Kind of fancy us now to be honest.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I expect us to take 12 or 13, I'll probably look stupidly optimistic. I think we will outright win 2 out of 3 matches with Everton, United, and West Ham. West Ham is a good side but they to face a tough few matches in the run of fixtures. Everton we should best even on the road, and United isn't convincing at all despite our historic wobbles there

Tom Mix

Mmm... thread title is the next five games but people are discussing the next six games???

Anyway, obvious wins should be Newcastle and Southampton and we will be expected to lose at Liverpool although you never know, they haven't been that hot recently and we're on a decent run. If a couple of their big names come back from the internationals tired or a bit off, we might have a chance sneaking something.

The two aways at Manu and Everton. If we lose both it's fair to assume that we're not going to be more than mid-table this season. Although there have been times when it was difficult for us at Manu their current team is really not very good and the manager is a couple of defeats from the sack. I would hope we get something there and that we forget ancient history and actually win there. We have a great record against Everton so should get at least a draw.

West Ham. Well they are achieving. If the season ended today Moyes would deserve to win manager of the season. They haven't got great strength in depth so if they have a couple of players missing the level drops. If we hold our nerve we win this but it could go any way.

From the first 5 games between 8 and 11 points. Add West Ham and between 9 and 14. A good performance would be more than 10 points from 5 or more than 12 points from 6. 7 or less from 5 or 9 or less t=from 6 would be a mediocre showing.

andeoch1

This is how I see it too with the hope that we can get something out of the Liverpool game, who are fragile defensively. Vvd doesn’t look the same player he was pre-injury.

Brighton and West Ham really got at their back line and got their just reward. We have the forward players to test their back line but Smith Rowe will need to put a shift in to help Tavares out against Sala.

11/12 points out of this group of fixtures would be a job well done.
I think if Tierney gets a run during the internationals Arteta will favor him for his defensive strengths against ‘Pool ( I love Tavares and what he brings to the team though, I’m a little split for this game)

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Focus on the Liverpool match first and forget about the rest until this one is done.

A month ago I'd have thought we'd have no chance at Anfield but given we're on a good run we shouldn't be looking past that match. They're obviously a fantastic side but there's no reason we can't go there and do something.
Would have been advantageous to our chances if they had not just lost to West ham imo

Chaoz_Enigma

Wow can't believe this thread is from 2019....Almost thought the first post is actually our current fixture lists.
Current List:

1636523576072.png

Well let's see....
Liverpool v Arsenal - 0 realistically we lose this at Anfield
Arsenal v Newcastle - 3
Man United v Arsenal - 3 They are there for the taking we have to win
Everton v Arsenal - 3 Another one for the taking
Arsenal v Southampton - 1 Ok I can take the occasional draw here

Out of 15 points I hope we get at least 10.

Top Bottom