• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 8 games...

Jae

If people would get off Özil, Bellerin, Ramsey, Cech etc. backs ...it would really be nice.

I'm all for getting behind the team but it's going to happen whether you like it or not mate. Some of it might be harsh or unwarranted but ultimately if they put in the performances they wouldn't be getting criticised.

Cech has been amazing recently and he is rightfully getting the credit he deserves.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
[QUOTE="Jae, post: 4671949, member: 43536

Cech has been amazing recently and he is rightfully getting the credit he deserves.[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what I mean. A game ago and the moaning against Cech was widespread. So just relax. Its not even 10 games yet.

Reactions: Jae

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
thats exactly what I mean. A game ago and the moaning against Cech was widespread. So just relax. Its not even 10 games yet.

The issue with Cech was never about the actual goalkeeping it was to do with the role he was being asked to play with the ball at his feet.
Whether we have now toned that down and he can choose when to play and when to go longer or whether Everton just didn't press our defence enough remains to be seen but if he is going to try and play his way out come what may (like the City game) then the debate will resurface.
It's not his fault he's a good goalkeeper but he is just about the worst goalkeeper you can think of to play in a sweeper role and trying to play like Barcelona with a geriatric sweeper keeper isn't going to work.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
The issue with Cech was never about the actual goalkeeping it was to do with the role he was being asked to play with the ball at his feet.

This is an issue with Emery, it is like some here stating what Cech can and cannot be coached to do. Which is quite frankly ridiculous, coming from fans of a team that had the same manager for 22 years, and a manager that was quite infamous for being one-dimensional and stubborn at that.

Emery may seem inflexible in terms of formations or obsession with playing it from the back, but in reality he is one of the most flexible managers in the business, he isn't a "style" manager like Guardiola or Klopp that can only play football one way and do minor adjustments around that. Guardiola changes a million formations but Emery can get very different feels out of the same formations and even out of the same elevens. He can play football dozens of ways and in fact always adapts to the players available to him and to the opposition. He just has to force his way in some areas regarding what the ideal approach in our play is. If he wants to play it from the back at Arsenal, he truly believes that our players (including Cech) can do it and he wants to push and get the best out of them. Will we give him time?

We can say a lot about Cech's passing but overall this season he has been twice the player he was under Wenger, so there must be something right about what Emery is doing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fulham been so awful since thier win against Burnley. Just lost today 3-0 they play open game so should suit us Crystal Palace are one man team you stop Zaha they'll struggle. And Leicester it's a game against team who levels below us so a routine. 9 point from 9 should be. 7 from 9 is acceptable

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
To be 4 points off the top after we'd been written off is great. The football isn't always pretty but it's functional and that's all that matters until at least January. And all this without our strikes tearing it up. We have winnable games and if we're pragmatic,we should be able to get something vs Liverpool. One game at a time, but results wise I'm happy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
West Ham (H) 3pts
Cardiff (A) 3pts
Newcastle(A) 1pt
Everton(H) 3pts
Watford(H) 3pts
Fulham(A) 3pts
Leicester(H) 3pts
Palace(A) 3pts

22/24pts, it could be 24/24 but I don't want to get greedy so thought I'd find a draw somewhere.

I'm starting to feel guilty that I doubted us against Newcastle :) #3togo

Latest posts+

Top Bottom