• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next club captain

Who should be our next club captain?

• Laurent Koscielny

• Petr Cech

• Aaron Ramsey

• Granit Xhaka

• Jack Wilshere

• Nacho Monreal

• Hector Bellerin

• Mesut Özil

• Shkodran Mustafi

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheArsenalis

Whatever. As long as those who have been named captains pull their weight on the pitch and get other players going, then its all good. But I must say Im shocked Xhaka has been given captaincy over say someone like Monreal who has been here for longer and is very experienced, plus Xhaka can be a mess on the field at times.
Im not shocked, he has experienced of being a captain. Has a voice and he will readily take one for the team.

TheArsenalis

Not too fuzzed about who's going to take this role. It's pretty logical that Emery is looking at 5 key players who take bigger responsibility in the squad.

Think the captain thing is overrated.
But it is a big plus to have 4-5 players who are more vocal on the pitch and can kinda lead certain areas (defense, midfield,..).
This typa thinking is why Wenger gives it to anyone

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm not, I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Especially as he has no International football, he can give 100% to Arsenal.
People forget it because of how he left and where he went but van Persie was actually a really good captain and I think the armband helped take him up a level for us.

Axel9090

Monreal is no leader. He is hardly a LB to begin with

Thrilled that Emery sees thru the charade that has so many fooled here...

Glad that Emery sees what I see in Xhaka how ya'll Fail to see it is flabergasting!

LET THE EAGLE ROAR!
Hardly a LB, what do you mean?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't rate him
That's fair enough. He has had a strange Arsenal career. Bought for big money at the time and couldn't oust Gibbs for a while. He then established himself as number one as Gibbs really made it clear he wasn't good enough to be number one. Monreal then became steady without being speculator. He is someone that needs replaced and would be high up on my priorities to replace. He isn't poor he isn't great. And unlike a centre back I.e. Mustafi his position leaves him isolated and his weaknesses exposed.

Mraven

I don’t want to see Xhaka or Koscielny wear the shirt ever again never mind the captain’s armband.

Disgraceful post. Maybe Koscielny has declined. I believe it is because of his achilles. Fact is he has singlehandedly kept our defence together for years and is our best defender when fully fit. Now that he is out with long-term injury is not the time to stab our captain in the back. Such a shame he missed the WC

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Disgraceful post. Maybe Koscielny has declined. I believe it is because of his achilles. Fact is he has singlehandedly kept our defence together for years and is our best defender when fully fit. Now that he is out with long-term injury is not the time to stab our captain in the back. Such a shame he missed the WC
I’m now glad that we have sold most of our invincibles at their prime. If they are still at arsenal in their thirties, some stupid fans would said they are ****.

el_gibor

Koscielny has done well for sure. My beef with him isn’t about his injuries or decline. I just will never forgive him for that mistake against Atlético allowing Griezmann to equalise.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Koscielny, Cech or Ramsey. Unless you have a Keane/Vieira type player on the pitch than captainacy is more off the pitch role really.

FEH

I think this season will be the testing ground for who the captain will be going forward. If he solidifies himself as a reliable player, I think Sokratis may have what it takes. Failing that, Leno or...not many great options tbh. Lichtsteiner embodies exactly what we need from a captain but unsure how long it will take to displace Hector + the longevity question.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Man, we really don't have any clear leaders in our team at all.

Feel that whoever you give it to it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

c00lguy

As far as I know, the best choice for captain is the one who is eloquent in TV interviews. Ramsey is always professional and a role model so he gets my full backing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom