• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our Right is wrong

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our right wing has rarely been convincing these past seasons. Walcott sometimes works, while Bellerin is neither here nor there.

Walcott seems to be leaving, so would you rather have Reiss/Iwobi on the wing, or go for Mahrez?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's always kinda used his right wing as an auxiliary component of his attack. Ljungberg's off the ball movement was a frequent weapon during the good days. Bellerin and Walcott are players whose primary method of hurting teams are their movement off the ball. The left wing personnel was usually where the genesis of the attack occurred, while the right side tended to be further towards the tip of the sword.

Nowadays, I see our biggest problem with the right wing the same as I see with the rest of the attack. There are no players who excel in 1v1 dribbling scenarios. The ballers, the duel winners. We sold Ox, who was the last one. Özil and Alexis are both fine dribblers but they aren't exactly 1v1 dribblers in the way that a player like Mahrez, for example, is. Wilshere you can possibly make an argument for.

Reiss Nelson is the one player in (and around) the 1st team squad you can say is a bonafide 1v1 dribbler, but he's also one who sets his sights on being more than a byline-and-cross right winger. There's a lot you can do with him in your attack. But he shouldn't be the only guy IMO.

OSBK

Established Member
RW, well we.know iwobi aint a winger. Bellerin plays much better in a back 4, he has space to bomb into.

My big worry is what mahrez would we get? No doubting the guys talent but is he looking for his payday and then will fade away?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's always kinda used his right wing as an auxiliary component of his attack. Ljungberg's off the ball movement was a frequent weapon during the good days. Bellerin and Walcott are players whose primary method of hurting teams are their movement off the ball.

Nowadays, I see our biggest problem with the right wing the same as I see with the rest of the attack. There are no players who excel in 1v1 dribbling scenarios.

Reiss Nelson is the one player in (and around) the 1st team squad you can say is a bonafide 1v1 dribbler, but he's also one who sets his sights on being more than a byline-and-cross right winger. There's a lot you can do with him in your attack. But he shouldn't be the only guy IMO.
really good points.

one of the reasons also for the Walcott experiment going bad, is we have been very disjointed and unorganized.

Sagna rarely stepped over the half way line, and allowed oppositions to mark Walcott out.

Bellerin goes into the same space, and too offensive.

It should be more balanced with Nelson staying wide, and Bellerin then moving inside. Still, methinks our right side needs a bit more intelligence.

Monreal has been awesome, and AMN has been quite good in timing his runs, tho he did leave his post for Liverpool's goal.

We need balance, and this is the reason Ramsey/Wilshere work so well on the right with Bellerin.

infinium

Sagna broke forward a lot. We just choose to forget about his attacking runs because they pretty much always ended in a cross that failed to get more than 30cm off the ground and beat the first man!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sagna broke forward a lot. We just choose to forget about his attacking runs because they pretty much always ended in a cross that failed to get more than 30cm off the ground and beat the first man!

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Sagna was a great fullback but tended to leave the CB's stranded like a lot of Arsenal fullbacks tended to do.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
I would bring this player adrija zivkovic in. Seems like a good fit being a talented right winger.

Top Bottom