• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our Youth (or reserve) setup

The Mini

Our Youth (or reserve) setup is too dependent on Ali, we dont seem to survive without him, the Boro as proof. It's like Henry (a little less extreme), they dont have as much fire power without him. We need to either lose Quincy's match nerves or get someone who's a bit more match worn, but still young. That young dutch guy Van Persie or something

wiltord11

i thought quincy looked good last night i didnt have one real clean chance i wasd there last night and there were times when he was in good positions but poor passes from parlour and kanu let it down only once was he clean through and that was when gilberto put him in but he over hit his pass and that why he went to wide and he wasnt selfish and cut it back i dont why they put thomas he hardly did anything quincy has the pace and the skill so i hope Arsène plays him next round but it looks doubtful cause of bergkamp and wiltord returing

reggiepaul

We had most of the game Mini. 6 more shots at goal than them and more on target.

Quincy and Bentley are good players too.

wiltord11

we had 6 shots 2 were good chances from bentley and i cant think of another really good chance we had it wasnt the young guys that let arsenal down it was the older ones i thought parlour started okay but then he gives the ball away to easily and we couldnt create a good opening

patrick42uk

Established Member
The Mini said:
Our Youth (or reserve) setup is too dependent on Ali, we dont seem to survive without him, the Boro as proof. It's like Henry (a little less extreme), they dont have as much fire power without him. We need to either lose Quincy's match nerves or get someone who's a bit more match worn, but still young. That young dutch guy Van Persie or something

disagree.

aliadiere isnt s far above the rest as you are suggesting. when quicy and smith hit 20 (aliadiere's age now) i think they could be better than him. The only advantage aliadiere has, that has seen him make prem appearances, is that he is slightly. It is far more arguable that he has an advantage ability wise.

lewdikris

Established Member
It's a lot to expect two kids, Quincey and Bentley to be the major creative force in a match against a top-flight team like Boro. Parlour, Gilberto, Edu and Kanu do not generate many chances between them (good as they are).

Bentley looks uncomfortable on the left, Quincey looked overawed by the occasion up front.

Only to be expected in the situation.

Ali would have done better, but that's only because he's a but further down the line in his development....

Allyboy

Established Member
Quincy is too small at the moment, the advantage his skill and pace had over Riggot and Ehiogu were negated by their size, they simply brushed him away legally everytime. People go about Henry's pace, and rightfully so, but this would be nothing without his upper body strength, the guy can hold just about anyone off! Quincy can't do this at the moment and until he can he can only go so far.

But give him a couple of years weight training at London Colney and hopefully he will be much better equipped.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Mini - I can understand your comment, but you're very wrong.
He is the best '2nd level' striker we've got and obviously suffer without him, but there's plenty more available.

Quincy for a start. My opinion is that striker is not his position. From the first time I saw him, He's always seemed like a 'third' striker to me playing from wide. A Limpar/Overmars if you will. But with Henry rightly rested, and Wiltord, Bergkamp and Ali being injured, the options were limited. The league cup is about development. and the experience players have gained has been invaluable. Look at Clichy. Who had heard of him when he signed??? But who would be too worried about him having to come in for Cole now? Thats what matters.

And Bentley is going to be the best home grown player since Brady.

seanconvey66

remember we were pklaying a very good defensive unit. hard for most prem teams to break down let alone a 17 yo who looked abit out of depth due to age, and bentley stuck out of the action on the left, they will only get better.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom