• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looked at some of his interview and his self awareness to where he needs to improve is quite incredible. I can't imagine Walcott or Ox admitted such things. Shift Ox and Theo and bring this guy in along with a striker.

Keep Campbell as a back up option.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I really liked what I've seen but it seems Barca are in pole position. I would welcome a signing such as this or Koziello.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
While he looks talented, I find it really hard to get excited about signing youngsters with the squad we have. I'm sick of looking to the future and waiting for players to come good before we can compete for the biggest prizes in world football...and I'm sure our big players (Özil, Sanchez and Cech just like Cesc and RVP before them) are too.

We have enough inconsistent projects in the team, get a proven quality performer. If the OP is correct and this kid is the star man for his club in the first division French league, starts every game, he's not going to come and sit on the bench.

Get a top quality RW and be done with it. Lets try and win now for once.

benjamin86

Established Member
While he looks talented, I find it really hard to get excited about signing youngsters with the squad we have. I'm sick of looking to the future and waiting for players to come good before we can compete for the biggest prizes in world football...and I'm sure our big players (Özil, Sanchez and Cech just like Cesc and RVP before them) are too.

We have enough inconsistent projects in the team, get a proven quality performer. If the OP is correct and this kid is the star man for his club in the first division French league, starts every game, he's not going to come and sit on the bench.

Who?

There arn't many top quality players around that arn't at big clubs already and/or incredibly expensive £50m+.

We need to bring in 3+ this summer with a rumoured budget of £60m-75...

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he would accept a squad role here, better than playing for Barca B that's for sure. As much as I would love it we aren't signing a striker and a winger. There should always be a few squad places for high potential young players.

I have a feeling we might go for this guy in addition to our main business. Wenger went for Coman who is quite similar, and we haven't signed any wingers since.

Wenger is not going to ditch Sanchez out of line up, and if he can't find a elite striker he will go for Welbeck again as striker experiment. The right wing has been a bit of a problem lately but we aren't selling Walcott, Oxlade or Ramsey next summer, people can forget about it.

Real madrid, Atletico Madrid, City are all going to spend big, with Chelsea, Liverpool and United also wanting to improve from this season.

Wenger best bet is if he can snap up some elite potential before the madness starts. Hopefully he can bring this kid to us, at least we are getting something instead of nothing.

Heisenberg

Ousmane Dembele sounds like an interesting player. And great stats too.

If it is a upcoming world class player, I hope we will be in the race.

If we go for him this summer, we could let Rennes use him for season 2016-17, if we are going to plot a bid for a world class offensive player this summer.

Hinderz

• Basically all the big clubs in England are watching him.
  • He's only just signed his first professional contract for Rennes
  • Vieira was trying to sign him for City before he signed his pro contract
  • Reminds people of a young Ronaldo.
  • He's expected to leave soon.

The teenage talent linked with Arsenal, Sp**s and Liverpool who wants to follow in Neymar's footsteps

With the focus on youth in the modern game, it’s understandable that teams will be on the hunt for the hottest talents on the continent in order to improve their squad. The current flavour of the month comes in the form of Ousmane Dembele, with the Frenchman attracting interest from the top teams in Europe’s top five leagues. A number of scouts were supposedly in attendance to witness the teenager bag a hat-trick against Nantes this past weekend, contributing to a WhoScored.com rating of 10.

A host of Premier League clubs are allegedly keeping tabs on Dembele, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham among those interested in the rising star. A total of nine goals and three assists in 17 league appearances this season has helped him gain a WhoScored.com rating of 7.69 in Ligue 1, the fourth highest in France’s top tier. Indeed, it’s been quite the stunning breakthrough campaign for the 18-year-old for Rennes and it’s little shock that a host of teams on the continent are vying for his signature.

His versatility on the frontline would be a huge asset to any team, with Dembele starting in no fewer than eight different positions in Ligue 1 this term. Despite being unable to start a run of games in any set spot, this hasn’t stopped the youngster from impressing wherever he has played. Only Neymar (4.5) is averaging more dribbles per game than Dembele (4.4) in Europe’s top five leagues this season.

With a statistically calculated WhoScored.com strength of ‘dribbling’, Dembele is indeed one of the most difficult players to stop when he gains a head of steam. To add further weight to his superb ability to run with the ball, the attacker is being dispossessed just 1.8 times per league match in France’s top tier this term. No matter how hard opponents attempt to limit his influence, he’s clearly one of the more difficult players to stop, with his unpredictability aiding his swift ascent.

Clearly boasting an end product to his game - Dembele is averaging 2.4 shots and 1.6 key passes per match this season - he’s not one who simply runs into blind alleys for the sake of it. Of course, given his age, there is ample room for improvement on the defensive side of his game, which will need refining if he is to realise his immense potential, but there is time for him to develop this aspect.

Nevertheless, Dembele’s displays suggest he can certainly improve with the right management. The ample game time received for the French side this season is clearly having a positive impact on the player. With this, he is able to express his superb offensive quality in the final third, with Dembele as lethal around the 18-yard box as he is in the penalty area.

The attacker’s approach is somewhat reminiscent of Neymar, with Dembele a keen admirer of the Barcelona star – “Neymar is my only role model” he said during his time in the youth team – highlighting exactly why there is such high interest in the teenage sensation. He is unlikely to partake in Euro 2016, but then Rennes are expected to be able to command top dollar for a player of his already evident quality. Given his potential and apparent ability, Dembele is set to be one of the most sought after talents this coming transfer window.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/trans...-who-wants-follow-neymars#GgJPmVT3f3soqT8C.99

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i'm sure his team will ask crazy money to sell him like Monaco did with Matrial.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Couldn't work out which was his stronger foot from the videos, turns out he's both footed. Explains why he's such an unpredictable dribber.

Two footed players are always good at football. Sign him up.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Couldn't work out which was his stronger foot from the videos, turns out he's both footed. Explains why he's such an unpredictable dribber.

Two footed players are always good at football. Sign him up.
He favours the right foot.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He favours the right foot.
In an interview he said he's left footed but prefers to shoot with his right. Typical both footed behaviour that. He's also got a 5 star weak foot on Fifa which only a handful of players have...yes it's just a game I know. :eek:ops:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

In an interview he said he's left footed but prefers to shoot with his right. Typical both footed behaviour that. He's also got a 5 star weak foot on Fifa which only a handful of players have...yes it's just a game I know. :eek:ops:
Trilly starting to play some Ultimate team I see... ;)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Trilly starting to play some Ultimate team I see... ;)
It's like a drug, can't stay away. Managed to win division 1 on my first try but since then it's been a downward spiral.

I swear the game is evil, or is it all just in my head?

RandyMarsh

Established Member
It's like a drug, can't stay away. Managed to win division 1 on my first try but since then it's been a downward spiral.

I swear the game is evil, or is it all just in my head?
Ultimate team is the devil. So ****ing addictive. But so damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom