• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
From the Times today:
Paul Pogba’s relationship with José Mourinho is under strain again. The Manchester United and France midfielder is thought to be upset with his manager’s assessment of his performances during the World Cup.

United said last night that Pogba was not for sale amid claims that Barcelona and Juventus want to sign the World Cup winner before the European transfer window shuts at the end of the month. It is understood that the difficult relationship between Mourinho and his 25-year-old star has become tense once again, however.

Pogba has intimated in discussions with team-mates that he is unhappy with Mourinho, with whom he has clashed on several occasions over the past two years. The cause of the latest gripe between the pair appears to stem from the manager’s critique of Pogba’s performances in Russia this summer. In an interview with beIN Sports during United’s pre-season tour to the United States last week, Mourinho praised Pogba for the way that he improved as the tournament progressed. “Paul was like the [France] team,” he said. “He started average and ended top.”

Pogba, who returned to training yesterday after his post-World Cup holiday in the US, is understood to be miffed by Mourinho’s next response, which inferred that the midfielder is unable to focus on his football over the course of a full season.

“The World Cup takes one month and for one month the players are in a closed camp, isolated from the external world, isolated from commercial compromises and isolated from every possible influence,” the United manager said. “They just think about football. It’s a perfect habitat for a young, talented player to grow up and flourish.”

Mourinho has privately voiced his concerns about the influence of Mino Raiola, Pogba’s agent, and the player’s large number of commercial appearances. Yesterday Raiola failed to respond to claims made in the Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo that he was in discussions with Barcelona and Juventus over a possible transfer of the player who cost United £89 million when he rejoined the club from Juventus two years ago.

Barcelona are willing to offer £44.6 million plus two players, Yerry Mina and André Gomes, for Pogba. Juventus are said to be willing to offer cash plus Miralem Pjanic, their 28-year-old Bosnia midfielder, for Pogba, who has three years left on his contract.

The Frenchman has admitted that he has had “small issues” with Mourinho in the past. The United manager dropped him towards the end of last season and Pogba started both legs of United’s Champions League last-16 defeat by Seville on the bench.

Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, is a big supporter of Pogba and will not allow him to leave, especially with the Premier League transfer window closing on Thursday afternoon. Woodward is also determined to prevent Anthony Martial from departing, even though Mourinho wants the France forward to go.
If the window ran until August 31, this could be a potential saga but I can't see him going with just two days left.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Dear Stan,

I don't want Arsenal to move to Delaware and this makes me sad.

I will take Dembele as a consolation gift.

...though I would settle for buying someone who's better than Vida.

Thanks.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From the Times today:

If the window ran until August 31, this could be a potential saga but I can't see him going with just two days left.
It is intersting that Maureen's quite harmless comments are affecting Pogba. must be media wind.

Raiola is the only thing bad about Pogba. I'd never sell him if I were Utd.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Well at least this won't drag on and we'll know by Thursday evening whether he's an Arsenal player or not. Here's hoping.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It is intersting that Maureen's quite harmless comments are affecting Pogba. must be media wind.
Thought Mourinho's comments were gratuitous tbh, could have just praised Pogba without having a little dig.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I cant see utd selling tbh also barca have Malcom now aswell then they can do what they want.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If Pogba joins Barce can see United going for Ramsey.

Obviously we demand Martial.

Wonder if Dembele & Martial start vs City at the weekend?

Hopefully Man utd go for Ramsey.

Martial wouldnt make our first 11, I can't see him wanting to continue as bench warmer.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought Mourinho's comments were gratuitous tbh, could have just praised Pogba without having a little dig.
I read the comments again after your post. Maybe he was prompted by the line of questioning?

But yes, Maureen is a master manipulator of the media, so hard to believe that he didn't know what he was speaking about.

Reactions: A_G

Gursha

That alone can make mourinho go full on the sabotage the deal lol!
Losing pogba and engineering the move for dembele to us? lol he must be madddd right now.
No way itll happen, expect him to act like a barbie and kiss pogbas ass in the next few days

Dj_sds -

Since 13/14 we've invested £440M in transfer fees alone. You said the club hasn't given the money, well it has, who's fault was it that it was spent at the wrong time and on the wrong players? All the club can do is make that money available, and to be fair to them that's exactly what they've done. The constant bashing of the board does my head in, there's been plenty of cash there AND its been spent.

You should know by now that Wenger is the only reason we are not in the championship. Its everyones fault but his, he was perfect and never made a mistake in his life. So blame money, wenger luck, klopp luck, Sp**s luck, bayern pick best players from bundesliga luck, bad board and bad owner. Moral of the story is, you can blame everyone and everything but the person who made these purchases.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can't take this, happy the window closes on Thursday.

SHOULD HAVE JUST SIGNED HIM WHEN HE WAS AT RENNES.

Everyone one here knew about him and was drooling over his talent. At least I'm happy we are less likely to miss out on talent like this now that Sven is here. We already signed the Mbappe of midfielders with Guendouzi, so I have faith.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Looks like it's getting messy with Barca and for that reason i'm not confident about this. If there's a last-minute big d*ck-swinging scrum for players then I don't see Arsenal coming out of it with one of them. We tend to do best when we're isolated one on one with another club, not when there's a multi-club scramble.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Looks like it's getting messy with Barca and for that reason i'm not confident about this. If there's a last-minute big d*ck-swinging scrum for players then I don't see Arsenal coming out of it with one of them. We tend to do best when we're isolated one on one with another club, not when there's a multi-club scramble.
Thing is we are not desperate this time we can play the long game be it Jan or next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom