• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It worked out with Özil.
Özil cost us 42M Dembele if we want him will cost us double that we can't afford it so if they allow us to get him on loan with option to buy it will be wonderful deal. but i'm doubt they'll let him go

blaze_of_glory

If Dembele goes anywhere to fund the Pogba sale it would surely be to United?

They need a RW as much as us and Mourinho will never weaken his club if it also strengthens a rival.
Was my first thought as well. Why wouldn't they just insist on him themselves?

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Looking at how Martial is treated at United, there is absolutely no chance Dembele would go there.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

They need a RW as much as us and Mourinho will never weaken his club if it also strengthens a rival.

Agreed as to what ManU might want out of the deal, but consider that Dembou is very much looking at his own favorite destination, which could very well be us.

ManU has suffered due to Mou in terms of how young talents see them as a good next step in their respective career.

If Pogba pushes for the move, ManU could very well sell nonetheless and might go for SMS (actually, I've seen rumors today about it - might be pure guess work or the logical step).

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Looking at how Martail is treated at United, there is absolutely no chance Dembele would go there.
He’d face the same problems he’s facing now at Barca but 10 times worse with mourinho. Valverde didn’t play him in big games as he was deemed a defensive liability on the wing by him iirc. Imagine what mou would do to him.

Also there’s the Auba/Laca/sokratis/Matteo factor compared to United whose Frenchmen are running out of the club because of mourinho

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I am not worried at all about potential other suitors for Dembele as the big players are out of the running straight away, because it's Barca, and the others are simply not that interesting for him as anything else is a step down footballing-wise (as are we).

It's rather the point of him wanting to be around his best friends than football reasons, else you wouldn't want to leave Barca.

So the big questions is IF he leaves at all, not to whom.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He’d face the same problems he’s facing now at Barca but 10 times worse with mourinho. Valverde didn’t play him in big games as he was deemed a defensive liability on the wing by him iirc. Imagine what mou would do to him.

Also there’s the Auba/Laca/sokratis/Matteo factor compared to United whose Frenchmen are running out of the club because of mourinho

Also the fact that Pogba wants out as well. Mourinho is like a decease for young players.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

It's what Sky Sports is reporting (via Mundo Deportivo):

DEMBELE AS POGBA MAKEWEIGHT?

Barcelona do not have an agreement in place with Paul Pogba but the La Liga champions are working hard to sign the Manchester United midfielder.

Barca are hoping to tempt United into selling the Frenchman by putting forward cash-plus-players proposals.

Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes and Rafinha are the Catalan club’s preferred makeweights but Mundo Deportivo claim they may also be willing to consider using Ivan Rakitic or Ousmane Dembele.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Perez - £5M/£70k a week wages off the books.
Chambers - £1M/New deal must be £50k a week surely?
Ospina - £2M/£40K a week off the wage books.

£8M loan fee, £160K a week in wages.

Don't @ me.

gkoat

I'm pretty sure Dembele playing for Mourinho is considered a crime against humanity in most societies.

lucky7

Some of the wages we will clear up from sales and loans will have to be going to Torreira, Leno and Sok.

Dembele is on 220k/wk at Barca. We drop 100k from selling Ramsey. I dont see another way to make the space given EPL wage rules (138k/week wage inflation per year).

gkoat

Could this create a little merry go round with Ramsey to United?

This may seem to deviate from the narrative we've been hit with this morning, but I do not believe that the Pogba and Dembele deals are immediately related or dependent upon eachother.

My reasons for this are purely speculative but notice how it's mainly Dailymail and itks that are hitting the 'If x happens, y happens' chain, whereas the Spanish outlets either mention Pogba as a side note or not at all. If you buy the idea that FCB need funds, which I don't entirely, then a 10m loan is not going to help them in the Pogba pursuit. If Pogba>Barca is needed for us to sign Dembele on loan FCB may have misbudgeted by say 80m, not to mention these loan rumors were leaking long before the Pogba narrative showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom