• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Owen hints at leaving Liverpool!

A

Anonymous

I doubt he'll go.

It's all similar to Paddy with his new contract.

satan_beckham

but if liverpool dont qualify for champions league which i think they wont,then owen will surely go,its like ferdinand leaving for man u,and campbell leaving for us!

Andrew

It's not similar to Paddy's situation. We consistently finished in the top two and even won the title. Whereas Liverpool have threatened but never came near it.

I'm not sure in my mind if Owen should leave. If he does leave it would most likely be abroad. If it's to Real Madrid or AC Milan, then he'll struggle to get in the team... If it's Barcelona, then he might as well stay at Liverpool as they are also underacheivers. If it's Manure, they'll take him for sure, but doubt he'll do that unless he wants Sol Campbell like controversy. If I were him my best option would of course be Arsenal, but our finances probably won't allow us to get him... But stranger things have happened. Although, in the end it's probably best that he stays at Liverpool, because potentially they have a very good side.

A

Anonymous

I meant similar as in Paddy voicing thought of leaving in order to encourage his team mates.

I think Owen is doing a similar thing.

"If you don't want me to leave, let's win some trophies."

patrick42uk

Established Member
i dont know if its me, but in recent interviews of owen i have seen he has looked unhappy. i dont know whether its the strains of fatherhood, or the disappointment with liverpool

jc8gooner

He will go to somewhere in Europe where he can get in the team ans till play in CL. Valencia? Inter Milan? Bayern Munich?

koivu

I don't think he'll go to Madrid...He's no Raul or Ronaldo. Maybe Barça? It's tough to say, I still can't really picture him in anything other than Liverpool red

Arsenal316

Why the hell would Owen go to Real? You think Raul and Ronaldo and all their other forwards would like to see another forward compete for their starting spot? Hell no. If Owen goes to Real, he'll be on the bench. He would rather go to a CL team that would START HIM.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. With Kanu and Wiltord's contract running out, and Bergkamp probably going into retirement, Owen would definitely have a starting spot @ Arsenal with Henry. Enough said.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If Owen's got any ambition at all then he has to leave Liverpool. The only Premiership side who have got a chance of signing him is Chelsea. I can see him joining an Italian side.

A

Anonymous

Arsenal316 said:
Why the hell would Owen go to Real? You think Raul and Ronaldo and all their other forwards would like to see another forward compete for their starting spot? Hell no. If Owen goes to Real, he'll be on the bench. He would rather go to a CL team that would START HIM.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. With Kanu and Wiltord's contract running out, and Bergkamp probably going into retirement, Owen would definitely have a starting spot @ Arsenal with Henry. Enough said.

Lol, not a chance Owen would come to Arsenal.

If he leaves Liverpool, he will go to madrid. They are unhappy with Ronaldo and could sell him quite soon. Owen would be their first choice replacement.

Arsenal316

Ok, so they sell Ronaldo. That leaves them with Jose Mari Guti, Fernando Morientes, Santiago, Solari, and Javier Portillo. You think they need Owen that badly? I think not.

A

Anonymous

Arsenal316 said:
Ok, so they sell Ronaldo. That leaves them with Jose Mari Guti, Fernando Morientes, Santiago, Solari, and Javier Portillo. You think they need Owen that badly? I think not.

:roll:

Guti is not an out and out striker, neither is Solari who is really a defender come left winger.

Morientes is currently on loan at Monaco, and will probably be sold in the summer.

Portillo is a good prospect, but has not lived up to his early hype.

That leaves them with Raul and Ronaldo. Of course they would love owen, especailly if they sell Ronaldo. They are in the market for another stiker, and Owen is high up on that list.

Top Bottom