• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Fornals

Aevi

Hale End FC
I am impressed, really am.

Strongly believe we are in for a CM in Jack/Santi position and style (kinda).
Surely this guy is on a close look, specially for rumoured price.
Same here, he looks a skillful yet robust player. You know many people will complain because he isn't a big buy price-wise, but I wouldn't mind him at all. Much better than Coq, Elneny, and present-Ramsey.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Midfield is incredibly congested and - rather infuriatingly - not by standout quality (bar Cazorla, who's on the fast track to Rosickyville with his injuries at the moment). We have a bunch of young CMs who could conceivably perform aswell.

Our midfield seriously needs reinventing. At least we used to have "Wengerball" to fall back on, we don't even have that now. Need baller CMs again.
I'd like something like this:

Out: Coquelin, Elneny, Ramsey
In: First-team material new player, Wilshere, AMN or Nwakali promotion

*Ramsey and Wilshere interchangeable

We'd be left with...

New player, Xhaka, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Cazorla, AMN/Nwakali

#WengerBallReturns(BecauseWeAllKnowHeIsStaying)

Hella injury prone but... f*ck it. More opportunities for the youngsters. Might be interesting to look into two new players at that point as well, and why not, we could do with a proper CM revamp.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Same here, he looks a skillful yet robust player. You know many people will complain because he isn't a big buy price-wise, but I wouldn't mind him at all. Much better than Coq, Elneny, and present-Ramsey.
would be a typical Wenger deal. 20/30mil, average club, santi cazorla card...
All the rumors also indicate we are in for a Santi replacement. Jack also injured again..

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

We'd be left with...

Hella injury prone but... f*ck it. More opportunities for the youngsters.

that looks good on paper but in reality Ox cant play CM in a 2 player midfield, and wilshere/santi will be injured half the time. I agree that we need to rid of a couple players in midfield tho, but the club counting cazorla or wilshere as first team players is begging for an injury crisis imo

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
If we stick to playing with 3 at the back, Ox would be more comfortable as CM but would play rwb mostly. That formation opens up more minutes for the likes of Niles, Coq etc. but still enough room and need for a new CM
As a fan of playing a DM as rwb, on my paper I could use all of the midfielders we have now, some kids and a new name :)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

We'd be left with...

Hella injury prone but... f*ck it. More opportunities for the youngsters. Might be interesting to look into two new players at that point as well, and why not, we could do with a proper CM revamp.

Was thinking something along those lines. I'm ready to see more of AMN and Europa League games would be a good fit.

Don't care much about prices. The only difference it makes in the end is how we'll complain about it in the forums.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Looks like a good player. Already walks into our first 11 tbf

Can't believe the nose turning in this thread. It's like people forget who we have at CM right now :lol:

Lad walks into our midfield based on what I've seen from those highlights.

Reactions: BBF

GDeep™

League is very weak
I either want that new breed of African midfielder like Keita/Diawara or an old school well educated Spanish type signing.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watched him for Malaga today. Not sure he has what we need. He reminds me of Coquelin which isn't a good thing.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Watched him for Malaga today. Not sure he has what we need. He reminds me of Coquelin which isn't a good thing.
I watched the second half and I have no idea how you got Coquelin vibes from him. He was doing Cruyff turns, backheels, and attempted a rainbow flick to beat a defender ffs :lol:

He didn't have that crazy a game though, he was a bit wasteful with his passes. It's probably because he was playing as more of a CAM and thus had less space, but I'd have liked to see a cleaner display. He put in a proper shift though, he looks like he has a great engine.

ARSNLNO1

that looks good on paper but in reality Ox cant play CM in a 2 player midfield, and wilshere/santi will be injured half the time. I agree that we need to rid of a couple players in midfield tho, but the club counting cazorla or wilshere as first team players is begging for an injury crisis imo

I agree, the ox & the majority of our other midfielders always look more comfortable in a 3 man midfield.

Fornals certainly looks a good player, my only concern would be his lack of pace, he doesn't look the quickest of players.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I watched the second half and I have no idea how you got Coquelin vibes from him. He was doing Cruyff turns, backheels, and attempted a rainbow flick to beat a defender ffs :lol:

He didn't have that crazy a game though, he was a bit wasteful with his passes. It's probably because he was playing as more of a CAM and thus had less space, but I'd have liked to see a cleaner display. He put in a proper shift though, he looks like he has a great engine.

Compare that watching Goretzka who very rarely loses possession, drives forward and has incisive passing. I would rather have Tolisso than Fornals.

Malky

Established Member

Just what we need, the Spanish Ramsey!

Keplaz

Sometimes certain players fly under the radar. It doesn't happen a lot but sometimes you can find a Gucci bag in a charity shop. Cazorla wasn't top tier cost but is easily one of the best midfielders in the league. Losing him has cost us dearly. Kante was another charity shop bargain for Leicester. It doesn't happen a lot but it happens. Fornals from that one YouTube video I watched, looks good. I like that he is incisive and forward thinking with his passing and that he gets stuck in with intelligence.

allegro

Bring him into squad let him try and push on from there. We wont win PL next year if this guy is our main CM addition. Though he looks a player worth taking a punt on!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Another squad level signing. Have too much of that. We need players that are clear upgrades.

Have you seen the level of player that suits up for our midfield? This guy is already better than that. Is only 22 and sounds like there's plenty of room for improvement.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Sometimes certain players fly under the radar. It doesn't happen a lot but sometimes you can find a Gucci bag in a charity shop. Cazorla wasn't top tier cost but is easily one of the best midfielders in the league. Losing him has cost us dearly. Kante was another charity shop bargain for Leicester. It doesn't happen a lot but it happens. Fornals from that one YouTube video I watched, looks good. I like that he is incisive and forward thinking with his passing and that he gets stuck in with intelligence.

Cazorla wasn't top tier cost because Malaga basically were under liquidation

Top Bottom