• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Fornals

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think some are overrating Goretzka, he has deficiencies of his own. I reckon he is on a similar level to Fornals in terms of risk.

logic DC

this guy can play, this is the problem with you guys, a quality player you turn down just because he is playing for Malaga, you want to buy these same guys once they are at Real by than it becomes unlikely than turn around and blame Wenger for not buying them before they become stars. this boy is better than anything we've got and he would improve us, btw he is the opposite of Ramsey so that comparison doesn't make sense.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
this guy can play, this is the problem with you guys, a quality player you turn down just because he is playing for Malaga, you want to buy these same guys once they are at Real by than it becomes unlikely than turn around and blame Wenger for not buying them before they become stars. this boy is better than anything we've got and he would improve us, btw he is the opposite of Ramsey so that comparison doesn't make sense.

ANother thing I see often is ppl saying 'player is not ready, he needs a year or 2, so let's not buy him now'.
So yeah, let's not buy XX player for 10-20mil, but let's wait once he is 60mil player that everyone wants...

Keplaz

ANother thing I see often is ppl saying 'player is not ready, he needs a year or 2, so let's not buy him now'.
So yeah, let's not buy XX player for 10-20mil, but let's wait once he is 60mil player that everyone wants...

To be fair sometimes it's true, remember Ryan Babel? I heard Wenger told him to spend one more year at Ajax, he thought he could hack the Prem, went to the Kop and flopped.

logic DC

To be fair sometimes it's true, remember Ryan Babel? I heard Wenger told him to spend one more year at Ajax, he thought he could hack the Prem, went to the Kop and flopped.
the point is as a "big" club you gamble on certain players, yes some will turn out to be failures but others will turn in to your isco's, Hazards, Suarezs Dembeles etc. in order to win the lottery you first have to buy a ticket.

Keplaz

I'm not against gambling at all and I think Wenger dithers too much. His list of "we could have signed so and so" shows just how much that has cost us. He is too cautious. Where Ferguson would take a chance on Bebe without seeing him, he didn't need a million stats or a thousand scouting reports. Not to say we should take a chance on everyone but we should take more chances. Who was the last player we signed like that who became a bona fide superstar? Wenger's rep was built on Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira who are now both retired and on the verge of becoming managers themselves or already are.

I sound like I'm Wenger out but I think give him one more season to fix this message, then ride off into the sunset or move upstairs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
giphy.gif

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Wouldn't be the worst option to replace Wilshere/Cazorla. Could also give much competition for Ramsey in case he enters his usual poor form.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I've been on the Fornals hype train since someone which listed him a while back and I hit the YouTube vids. He looks a serious baller, I wonder if he could he adapt to playing deeper as a Xhaka recplacement?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom