• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not always true, being quick in France or Germany doesn’t always translate to England. We’ve seen that first hand with Pepe, Lacazette and Auba. Laca looked quick in France, but from day one in England he’s looked like a slug.

Pepe & Auba both look just as quick here. Laca I agree, he's very slow, I didn't see much of him in France.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not always true, being quick in France or Germany doesn’t always translate to England. We’ve seen that first hand with Pepe, Lacazette and Auba. Laca looked quick in France, but from day one in England he’s looked like a slug.
Think Laca has lost a bit of space but he never looked fast in his YouTube videos, just had enough pace to keep clear of the last man when played through. I think.

Pepe and Auba (and pretty much every other import) look as fast there as they are here. Laca seems to be an odd exception.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

You actually have a point here. I watched Auba in games for Dortmund where he looked like a bullet. I thought he would easily be one of the quickest players I'm the PL.

He's no slouch, don't get me wrong, but he's not the fastest in our squad, let alone the league.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You actually have a point here. I watched Auba in games for Dortmund where he looked like a bullet. I thought he would easily be one of the quickest players I'm the PL.

He's no slouch, don't get me wrong, but he's not the fastest in our squad, let alone the league.

4F54B0D000000578-6090445-The_victorious_Pierre_Emerick_Aubameyang_then_chose_to_poke_fun_-a-19_1535031367438.jpg

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who in our squad is faster than Auba? It’s not even close.

Auba is lightning we just don’t play against as many high lines as he did in Germany.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who in our squad is faster than Auba? It’s not even close.

Auba is lightning we just don’t play against as many high lines as he did in Germany.

It’s extremely rare for attacking players to be on-camera sprinting for more than around 30 yards without the ball, yet top speed usually kicks in at around 60.

Many fans conflate acceleration with top speed when talking about a player being “fast”.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Age gets to us all, Speed is the first thing that goes

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

So Sokratis and Mustafi are in our top 5 fastest players? Behave :lol::rofl:

Where's Willock and AMN? Who I'd argue are amongst the fastest in the squad.
It’s quite old but it makes sense.

Sokratis is fast and this is a straight line top speed test. Doesn’t take into account acceleration and agility. Holding is the only mild surprise but he’s got long strides I guess.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He's the fastest in our squad He released the the squad figures on social media himself last year :lol:
Just another questionable take in the ocean of questionable takes that is A-M I guess. :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Pablo Mari: Made a good early impression stepping in front of a Chelsea attacker to win the ball first. Spent a couple of minutes on the right of the defence before moving over to the left. Was very calm in possession and was willing to hold it a second longer to find an open man. Got caught out by a quick turn inside him which resulted in a foul. Took control in uncertain situations to come out with the ball. On one occasion a Chelsea player burst upfield but he stepped forward to win the ball off him. Could have reacted more quickly to Hein's save to stop Gilmour equalising. A very decent first 45 minutes. 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom