• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Have I missed something? Why are people having a go at Mari? Was pretty impressed by him so far? One of the few bright spots in the past month.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's strange that he hasn't really played much in Europe despite being from there and didn't "make it" the traditional route

All that really doesn't matter if he plays well though...

TornadoTed

Established Member
A lot seem to be writing him off due to lack of pace. It's really important in other areas of the pitch but I really don't really get the obsession with pace when it comes to central defenders.

Sokratis, Mustafi and Holding were the 3rd, 5th and 6th fastest players in our squad last season according to the link below, hardly been a asset to us has it? I would much rather speed between the ears than in the legs.

https://talksport.com/football/4148...erick-aubameyang-official-speed-test-results/

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger got us in this mess lad.
We should’ve got top 4 last season and we got into the EL final, then went on to spend 140M in the summer. This season we’ve fallen off a cliff.

Last summer killed us, lost and never replaced a monster in Ramsey, sold Iwobi and never signed an LW, signed a poor Cb in Luiz who was shocking until Arteta arrived and he’s still making mistakes. Loaned Dani and he’s had 2 good games etc.

Feels weird still blaming Wenger.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We should’ve got top 4 last season and we got into the EL final, then went on to spend 140M in the summer.
We weren't fully expecting top4 going into last season. Transition season after Wenger, where the football had already started taking a turn for the worse.

Not Wenger's fault for this, but he also is somewhat to blame as the team he left us with was a complete shell of its former self (even 2 years before).

We had (and have) probably the most unbalanced team in the division. I hope Arteta gets a big say in the summer and we resolve this mess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We should’ve got top 4 last season and we got into the EL final, then went on to spend 140M in the summer. This season we’ve fallen off a cliff.

Last summer killed us, lost and never replaced a monster in Ramsey, sold Iwobi and never signed an LW, signed a poor Cb in Luiz who was shocking until Arteta arrived and he’s still making mistakes. Loaned Dani and he’s had 2 good games etc.

Feels weird still blaming Wenger.

Pretty much everyone at the club since summer 2015, should have some blamed attached to them...Arsène, Ivan, Sven, Raul, Emery, Kroenkes etc...all played a part in the mess we are in now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pretty much everyone at the club since summer 2015, should have some blamed attached to them...Arsène, Sven, Raul, Emery, Kroenkes etc...all played a part in the mess we are in now.
We’ve had 4 transfer windows and 3 managers since Wenger. A new football director, lots of people moved on etc. The whole structure has changed.

The failure atm is totally on Raul.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We’ve had 4 transfer windows and 3 managers since Wenger. A new football director, lots of people moved on etc. The whole structure has changed.

The failure atm is totally on Raul.
You're really tryna cook it up with your facts and figures. You cant rebuild in January. We've had two summers yes. And 3 managers :lol: cmon man.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You're really tryna cook it up with your facts and figures. You cant rebuild in January. We've had two summers yes. And 3 managers :lol: cmon man.
Ok two summers, but is that not enough for a club that was 5th/6th when Wenger left and 1 point off top 4 last season? Don’t forget Emery had a fit Lacazette and Auba - who Wenger only had for a few months.

Who sold Ramsey and not replaced him? Who sold Iwobi and not replaced him? Who signed a Luiz, a CB who was told he won’t start at Chelsea? Who paid 70-80M for Pepe?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ok two summers, but is that not enough for a club that was 5th/6th when Wenger left and 1 point off top 4 last season? Don’t forget Emery had a fit Lacazette and Auba - who Wenger only had for a few months.

Who sold Ramsey and not replaced him? Who sold Iwobi and not replaced him? Who signed a Luiz, a CB who was told he won’t start at Chelsea? Who paid 70-80M for Pepe?
I'm not saying we have done a stellar job I'm just saying that it for sure takes longer than 2 years for an entire regime change upstairs to be totally judged by.

We have increased the amount of assets in our side in the past 2 years, I think we have made some good signings which we arent seeing atm because Emery flopped and we're in a bit of a mess. Leno, Saliba, KT, Guendouzi, Torreira, Pepe, Martinelli are all players who are young and have their best years ahead of them.

There were positives and negatives from last summer's window. And the negatives were inflated by the manager situation. Pepe not working out isnt totally their fault tbh, if he had hit the ground running then people wouldnt be upset about wasting money. Lets see what we do this summer, I'm gonna judge them fully after this window. They've got a **** tonne of work to do considering our Auba/Laca situation.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Highest scoring midfielder in our history, big game impact, monster engine, team of the tournament in Euro 2016, now at a Super Club.

While you’re watching peasants like Torreira getting bullied every week, in mid table.

He had his highs, absolutely. 2017/18 season and 13/14 he was amazing. Overall, a pretty mediocre player i would say. How many times i have cursed because he couldnt hold his position to save his life.
I miss him as he is truly a wonderful lad, but i dont miss the player. Well, he would be more useful than Özil, i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom