• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So far Big **** Raul has wasted 30 M on Sokrates, Luiz and Mari and then another 30 M on teenager that wont be ready in next 2-4 years.

Im not sure about this at all.

It could be worse, we could be spending 50m on the new Wanyama (Partey) and another 50m on the new Cherno Samba (Koulibaly).

Hopefully Raul makes Mari and Ceballos permanent instead.

Last edited:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
It could be worse, we could be spending 50m on the new Wanyama (Partey) and another 50m on the new Cherno Samba (Koulibaly).

giphy.gif

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Are you against signing Partey? We need partey before Ceballos at all costs. 43 release clause for a player at his level is pretty cheap & a good bargain imo.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't feel good about him.

I see him as a poor man's Mertesacker.

Hopefully he proves me wrong

GDeep™

League is very weak
I guess you just back up Arteta, as he knows the player.

On paper, a 19 year old Saliba and 27 year old Mari who has never played top level European football, looks dodgy.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The guy reeks of mediocrity. But what do I know? Arteta will know far more than me, let's hope it is his signing if he do make it permanent.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My guess is that Mari was always gonna permanent, the loan was only because we apparently had no money (I'm not even gonna bother) in January to sign him at that time. It seems pretty cheap to me, it seems like we're going for the shortcut option. Now we don't have to go looking for a top CB because we've got Mari and Saliba.

I'm just not feeling with with Mari tho, a guy who was playing in Brazil in his mid-20's just prior to his prime years. I'm really skeptical. The evidence is limited of course but he's not exactly stood out as some commanding game changing CB (game changing in a sense that he'll bring us up a level, not literally game changing). And we've seen it before with this regime. Sokratis, Lichsteiner, Luiz all cheap options all not great.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
My guess is that Mari was always gonna permanent, the loan was only because we apparently had no money (I'm not even gonna bother) in January to sign him at that time. It seems pretty cheap to me, it seems like we're going for the shortcut option. Now we don't have to go looking for a top CB because we've got Mari and Saliba.

I'm just not feeling with with Mari tho, a guy who was playing in Brazil in his mid-20's just prior to his prime years. I'm really skeptical. The evidence is limited of course but he's not exactly stood out as some commanding game changing CB (game changing in a sense that he'll bring us up a level, not literally game changing). And we've seen it before with this regime. Sokratis, Lichsteiner, Luiz all cheap options all not great.

I agree. He doesn't fill you with confidence. Low priced options with question Marks such as Kompany and Mertesacker have worked out before, but they are exceptions rather than the rules.

If we play with a deeper line next year he may be a good signing. He seems very disciplined and no nonsense. Still think we need a cb that is undoubtedly better than Luiz, Salibah and Mari though and if we can secure that I'll be happy with our cb options.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I guess you just back up Arteta, as he knows the player.

On paper, a 19 year old Saliba and 27 year old Mari who has never played top level European football, looks dodgy.
It's probably Luiz and Mari in the short term and Saliba and Mari in the long-term

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was our most expensive signing all summer.
I think Arteta would probably go all in for a CM as that is our Biggest area of weakness imo

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I agree. He doesn't fill you with confidence. Low priced options with question Marks such as Kompany and Mertesacker have worked out before, but they are exceptions rather than the rules.

If we play with a deeper line next year he may be a good signing. He seems very disciplined and no nonsense. Still think we need a cb that is undoubtedly better than Luiz, Salibah and Mari though and if we can secure that I'll be happy with our cb options.
We still have to bin Mustafi, Holding/Chambers and Sokratis.

Too many CB option. We gotta trim the fat

I've even forgotten we have Mavro on our books.

Corbulo

Was reading a description of Pablito Mari as being a 'late bloomer' however I don't see it as perhaps being that 'bad', as he's 26 and just had a break out season for Flamengo.

He was also named in the Brasileirao Team of the Year and also played a lead role in their defence in winning the Copa and League Double, a mini Artur da Costa e Silva.

He may not be funky but he would seem to be effective in a league with plenty of players with flair on the ball, and didn't get embarrassed when up against the overrated Beatles in the Super Cup Final.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He will probably be in the starting line-up when the season resumes. Be interesting to see how he does. Did okey against West Ham and Pompey and will have had plenty of time to have settled in by now. Have a feeling he might be a pleasent surprise.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I've watched him live three times and each time he's looked very good. The first time I watched was when he kept mane in his pocket for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom