Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

positioning and reading of the game is pretty important, too. There's some CBs out there who are rather slow and fast, but they make up for it with intelligence. The system has to be tweaked that way, though, so that the specific CB can take up the right space.

celestis and Slartibartfast like this.
  2. Toby Andrl

He's the only leftie of all CBs at Arsenal. And if he's anything like that Vickery guy says, he could be exactly what Arsenal need and have been lacking since Mertesacker. Could ba a piece of great business. Thing is just what's his level - is he all they say but Flamengo level, or can he take it up to Arsenal level.

irishgunnerz and Slartibartfast like this.
  3. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

For the price, any kind of improvement on the squad is a decent return.

4. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Going by our links to loan signings, we are going to see a big clear out in that position in summer. If we manage to sell Mustafi, it would be a successful transfer window for me.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  5. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Don Raul, Big Dick Raul, call him whatever you want...but Danny DeVito will be well and truly back, if he pulls this off!

RacingPhoton likes this.
  6. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

He's our #22

7. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

Mari might be a good player but the problem is the price.....

8. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I don’t know how this guy turns out. Could be good, bad or average but he’s an Arsenal player now and I have to get behind him. Loan with option to buy makes sense.

9. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Judging from the list of left footed center backs that have played for Arsenal in the recent past, I'm not that keen on them.

Don Silvestre Stallon was a fu**ing left footed center back!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  10. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

What are the tactical implications of having a leftie at CB? I'm being hopeful here but will this finally make Xhaka redundant?

11. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Saliba is pretty quick for his size by the looks of it.

Trilly likes this.
  12. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Clearly Arteta's tactics may vary, but a left-footed CB should allow for the CB's to push further to the outside and allow the fullbacks to push further up the field. To cover the space in the center of the pitch a DM would drop deeper, but deep enough to be level with the CBs.

Xhaka in this scenario would probably be the midfielder who would hang back. Right now he is pushing outside because we don't have a left-footed CB.

#254, RunTheTrap and Balboa like this.
  13. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Can't believe we loaned a 4m scrub player with option for
    sadochism. Why can't we buy great defenders..

14. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

As meh as this and the Soares signings are, at least we aren‘t spending 30m on Emre Can :rofl:

15. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Been dreading this the whole transfer window lmao

kraphtous likes this.
  16. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

But I guess there were also transfers like this who turned out the other way around.

Of course I am much too early to judge him. But with the transfer we made the last few years I'm very sceptical. And we have 8 CB and as of now I guess none of them would play at our rivals (we can't judge Mari).

But of course now he can prove himself and I don't think he was bad buy but I hope he will be much better than the price tag. One hope I have, the last Edu transfer was maybe the best of the window.

17. Toby Andrl

Very simplistic view. A leftie opens up the passing range. E.g. they don't have to turn for inside passes.

#254 likes this.
  18. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

FFS. People are still so desperate for Xhaka to be binned. Don't understand Arsenal have much larger problems facing them before he can be allowed to leave.

A defensive structure in a shambles. Ageing, want away centre forwards. Replacements for Ceballos needed. Leaders on the pitch required (at this stage, Xhaka is pretty much the closest to a leader they have)

#254 likes this.
  19. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Like? Who is available?

20. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah!
    [​IMG]

Vanfrothan likes this.