• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah, yeah, yeah!
IMG-20200131-140825.jpg

Check out Riou latest walk down nostalgia lane , Cygan opening up passing lanes .

Wizzard

To be honest, the way Arteta talked about him in the presser yesterday, it didn't sound like he's here as a backup. Could have easily said that he gives us more options defensively, but he really went into detail how he wants to use him and how it's going to change our game.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
To be honest, the way Arteta talked about him in the presser yesterday, it didn't sound like he's here as a backup. Could have easily said that he gives us more options defensively, but he really went into detail how he wants to use him and how it's going to change our game.

Rather surprised to have people thinking otherwise to begin with - the guys been brought in on a loan, not because there's intention of making a permanent move, but because of keeping any risk to a minimum.

Think he's brought in to provide something different as a regular starter and thrown into the ring vs anybody else as Arteta clearly likes competition and fight for a first feam squad to lift the overall quality.
But I guess that the expectancy is first or second CB on the team sheet.

That being said, he will clearly need some time to get up to fitness.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pablo Mari was a starter for the South American Champions League winners, not the same level as the European one, but still he has arrived with some pedigree and success...he isn't a youngster, he isn't significantly over 30, he is 26 and in his prime...maybe he will surprise us.

Luiz and Papa have both been good since Arteta has took over, but they aren't exactly Tony Adams and Sol Campbell...Mari will get a chance, and he just might take it...maybe Mari-Saliba will be our next quality centre back partnership, lets be positive!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Pablo Mari was a starter for the South American Champions League winners, not the same level as the European one, but still he has arrived with some pedigree and success...he isn't a youngster, he isn't significantly over 30, he is 26 and in his prime...maybe he will surprise us.

Luiz and Papa have both been good since Arteta has took over, but they aren't exactly Tony Adams and Sol Campbell...Mari will get a chance, and he just might take it...maybe Mari-Saliba will be our next quality centre back partnership, lets be positive!
It’s a clean slate. He pulls on the red and white and his career starts here. It’s not where you’ve been, it’s where you’re going. I’ve resisted looking at his videos on YouTube. I’d do it for a forward but not much use for a CB imo. Rather just see what happens and judge him here with no preconceptions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s a clean slate. He pulls on the red and white and his career starts here. It’s not where you’ve been, it’s where you’re going. I’ve resisted looking at his videos on YouTube. I’d do it for a forward but not much use for a CB imo. Rather just see what happens and judge him here with no preconceptions.
You can't judge players on YouTube competitions because they only show the good thing that player will do not his mistakes

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
You can't judge players on YouTube competitions because they only show the good thing that player will do not his mistakes
It’s obviously not conclusive, but it’s how you use it. You have to take into account that what you are seeing are all the very best bits, so you use that as a ceiling. As I said, I think you get a better idea looking at forwards on YouTube then you would CBs anyway.

I think YouTube is a great tool if you know what you’re looking for and can read between the lines. It’s obviously not going to tell you about the attitude of the player and other important things but there are things that you have to take for granted if the club are very interested in the player.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
youtube scouting for an attacker or midfielder > listening to other people's opinion on the player.. Gives me a more accurate view of whether I'd like the player or not. For defenders it's pretty useless though other than seeing if he has the physical tools.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Noting more than fun viewing for me. Have never looked to judge a player based on YouTube. Even physically, looking quick or strong in France in Germany more often does not translate to the PL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I agree but its a nice way to see what we're getting, I tend to view a bit once we've signed. One thing it does show accurately is if they have pace or not, if you see clips with pace you know they have it always, not just sometimes. More important when viewing attackers I guess.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I agree but its a nice way to see what we're getting, I tend to view a bit once we've signed. One thing it does show accurately is if they have pace or not, if you see clips with pace you know they have it always, not just sometimes. More important when viewing attackers I guess.
Me too we desperately want a tall strong cb we haven't had one since Mertesacker. Also he got good pace

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not always true, being quick in France or Germany doesn’t always translate to England. We’ve seen that first hand with Pepe, Lacazette and Auba. Laca looked quick in France, but from day one in England he’s looked like a slug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom