• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He had a good reputation in Brazil, even Rehnato on Twitter vouched for him and he's got a good eye for talent IMO. Even Stillman thinks he's OK. I wasn't crazy about his signing either but he looks sturdy and has a nice pass. Don't like that he's slow but they can't all be fast :lol:. I'm willing to see how he does with a few more games under his belt. I'd say I'm more optimistic about Mari than I am about Cedric Soares.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

All we know about him is that he’s 27 and never played top flight European football. Had to leave Europe and go to Brazil and play, which only happens when you’re crap tbh.

He’s here because of Kia.

Any proof? From what we know, Arteta rated him highly in training and specifically requested we signed him.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Too good looking to be a defender , we should be signing ugly ****ers like a keown or some of the bum squad.

Why did we sign this guy?

My only conclusion is that Arteta knew him from his time at City and Arteta wanted to build an army of players he can trust within the squad.

I'm very skeptical of Mari. He looked terrible in all the cameos he played for us and failed the eye test massively. I'm hoping he will adapt to the game but if he couldn't adapt to the game from 16-27 I'm not sure he will.

Just got to hope he play minimum amount of games for us.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
How? Silvestre was injury prone, well over 30 and a finished ex-Man Utd **** when he signed for us.

Mari is in his prime, an unknown quantity who impressed in a highly successful Brazilian club side.

There's also the fact that for a moment Mari was apparently Arteta's first choice in the restart. Shame he got injured immediatly.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
How? Silvestre was injury prone, well over 30 and a finished ex-Man Utd **** when he signed for us.

Mari is in his prime, an unknown quantity who impressed in a highly successful Brazilian club side.
In that he will most likely only cost is goals.
IF you need to be in your prime to be decent in a farmers league, it says alot

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yeah, not been impressed so far but he's likely 4th choice assuming Mustafi stays... Again.

I mean, no?

He’s likely second choice with Gabriel ahead of him. Mustafi doesn’t factor in on the left and in a back four he’s ahead of Luiz.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he was signed as a cheap left-footed CB, who has more time to adjust than the summer signings. I think he is okay being a squad option in Arsenal. The injury wasn't a good thing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we sell Holding, Sokratis, Chambers and maybe Luis that leaves us
Saliba, Gabriel, Mustafi, Mari. I'm fine with that compared to what we have had. Luis I think we'll keep another year anyway as he's good to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom