• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Credit were it's due he was good last night, especially since the lack of pace we had down the left defensively could have been a weak area. I've seen too many mistakes from him in his short time with us to think he can be relied upon week to week, we've seen enough of that in defenders over the years, but in games against the likes of Brighton or Slavia he has done well. Gabriel has to start against Villarreal though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saying it again, but it's such a shame that both he and Gabriel are left footed, they could be Kos/Per mark 2 imo.

Also a shame that Arteta is set on having one right footer and one left footer at the back, I know why he does it but it's still stupid...never been any great defensive partnerships that use the same foot, has there :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
@GDeep™ when Mari does the smallest thing bad -

arsenal-fans-fight-each-other-giphy-1.gif

@GDeep™ when Mari (often) plays well -

giphy.gif

@GDeep™ when a player he likes makes a small mistake -

giphy.gif
Just need @yousif_arsenal @Jury @Riou and @say yes the cry baby to like this and we have a full on bum party.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Just need @yousif_arsenal @Jury @Riou and @say yes the cry baby to like this and we have a full on bum party.

Its funny because you're so stubborn that you just cannot admit he's been a good signing considering the money involved. Even if he lifted the FA cup, CL, EL and got top goalscorer, most blocks, dribbled past 0 times and the best throw ins in the league trophy you'd still say hes rubbish when he makes one error.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Its funny because you're so stubborn that you just cannot admit he's been a good signing considering the money involved. Even if he lifted the FA cup, CL, EL and got top goalscorer, most blocks, dribbled past 0 times and the best throw ins in the league trophy you'd still say hes rubbish when he makes one error.
If he lifts a trophy I’ll give them credit, just like last season. Hard to give credit when we’ve been mid table all season, he’s been shaky too and I just don’t think he’s good enough.

Think I’m fair with the players. You like Cedric, but Arteta started Bellerin, AMN, and now Chambers before him, I don’t see the point of a 4 year deal for him.

Villarreal 2-1 Arsenal

skience3

Marking no one on the corner for Villareal's second goal allowing the flicked header.

There was a moment in the 2nd half just after Ceballos was sent off. He was facing up Chukwueze in the box and lunged to his left anticipating a pass, leaving Chukwueze an free shot on goal. He just doesn't seem possess actual defender's instincts.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Marking no one on the corner for Villareal's second goal allowing the flicked header.

There was a moment in the 2nd half just after Ceballos was sent off. He was facing up Chukwueze in the box and lunged to his left anticipating a pass, leaving Chukwueze an free shot on goal. He just doesn't seem possess actual defender's instincts.
Mari was not great yesterday but he wasn't marking anyone because he is not supposed to. Like many teams we use our best headers og tje ball for the zonal marking som they can attack the ball.

mirrorstare

Not sure what he offers that makes him useful for us, specially if the long passing is nowhere to be seen recently

Don't rate Gabriel a lot but I don't see what is he offering that allows him to walk ahead of Gabriel either.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Such a pointless signing only here cos he’s Spanish.

So many second rate Spanish players that won’t even get a wiff of the national team in our squad.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I want to see Mari and Saliba next season, i think they'd compliment eachother well.
Mari isn't good enough for PSG, which is where you're likely to see Saliba plying his trade after Arteta and Edu sell him for some hair dye and Eurovision tickets.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Imagine a left hand side of the defence with Xhaka and Mari. Might as well get Per to lace up.

Mari is okay but should not be starting in favour of Gabriel.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's rubbish, whenever he's played against competent teams he gets torn to shreds. People need to stop judging players based on how they play against the worst teams in the league and farmers in the Europa league.
Same goes for Chambers and Holding. Mari is not better than Gabriel. He shouldn't be ahead of him just like Cedric is a better rb than Chambers.

GoonerJay24

Mari is our best most calmest defender and communicates good English. The issue is when we don't have a competent left back he's not likely to get exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom