• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We have a 6ft 4 adonis, who can play the ball and moves like a Rolls Royce plying his trade in Sunny, warm Marseille.

This guy belong in an M&S catalogue modelling cheap knitwear. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football ground. He should take Lego boy and with him
How can Saliba be in need of a loan while Mari is considered fit for the PL? It is a mystery wrapped inside an enigma...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's kind of like Arteta and Edu were out shopping one day, Arteta then saw a beautiful frame he liked and he wanted to put a portrait of his family in...

He turned to Edu and said, "That's what I want for Christmas" ...but when Edu looked over, he thought Mikel meant the stock photo model they use in the frames, and was like "Say no more Mikel, say no more!"

Malky

Established Member
Absolute ****. What's he even good at?
He's like a poundland Mertesacker, if Mertesacker had less pace, no organization, lacking the ability to read the game, couldn't win a header and has no awareness.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Starting to doubt Kia just found a homeless person on the street, did him a makeover and dressed him up in a football kit.

Absolute con job.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really poor yesterday, but at least he was better than White.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
All seriousness though just go look at this guy's wiki page, look at his career, in 2017-18 he played one season in the Eredivisie, then in 2019 he played a season in the Brazilian top flight. Apart from that basically his whole career had been in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of Spanish football.

I don't necessarily blame individual players like this, same with Runarsson, it's not their fault they're playing at this level, it's the club who have identified a player at a much lower level and brought them here expecting them to perform at a level they've never been at. Can't blame the player too much, blame the club.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Quick follow-up, some may counter by saying his year at Flamengo was very successful and he was a key player in a good team, that's true, but to give an idea of how unusual it is for a prime age European player to be playing in Brazil, there is currently just 1 (one) European player playing in the entire Brazilian first division, and that is an Italian player called Eder who moved there at the age of 34.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Obviously he was another one of those Brazilian cartel con jobs. The guy is 26 and only now just starting his top flight career at Arsenal.

We have obviously been scammed.

mpower2540

All seriousness though just go look at this guy's wiki page, look at his career, in 2017-18 he played one season in the Eredivisie, then in 2019 he played a season in the Brazilian top flight. Apart from that basically his whole career had been in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of Spanish football.

I don't necessarily blame individual players like this, same with Runarsson, it's not their fault they're playing at this level, it's the club who have identified a player at a much lower level and brought them here expecting them to perform at a level they've never been at. Can't blame the player too much, blame the club.
Yeah I get that but how many of the Brentford players have had top level careers? Yet they still bossed him. I don’t think the way we play does him any favours but sometimes you’ve just got to have some stomach for the fight.

Desire and intention to play are important and this guy just let the whole occasion and the opposition get the better of him. Have something about you mate Christ!

There was a moment in the game where Toney jumped up with him and caught him in the face with a trailing arm, Mari stayed on the ground for about 5 minutes checking if his mouth was bleeding (it wasn’t) then went off for treatment. When I saw that I just thought, yeah we don’t fancy this do we. Maybe even next time you go up with Toney give him one back, show him you’re not gonna be his ***** all game but nope he just folded.

But hey maybe this environment of fear Mikel has created has more to do with it than anything else.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never rate P Mari. For me, he is like Pascal Cygan of Arsène's era. A squad defender at best. IMO Senderos or Djourou would outperform him if at the same age.

God I really hate these Man City and Kia links causing the influx of the like of Willian, Mari coming in.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nothing new here, bringing him initially was bad enough, signing him permanently was beyond stupid but now we're here starting him in the opening game of the season despite being fully aware of how useless he is.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nothing new here, bringing him initially was bad enough, signing him permanently was beyond stupid but now we're here starting him in the opening game of the season despite being fully aware of how useless he is.

But we have to start a left footer at CB, because it helps us pass out from the back, even though it doesn't...

Haphazard

Given his lack of pace and White's lack of aerial ability you'd want them in a 3 so they aren't as exposed as they were last night. We know that he lacks pace but trying to play it out of the back and having a higher line will expose his weaknesses instead of amplifying his strengths.

No he is not a world class cb but I honestly can't judge any player under this management given that almost every single player bar Saka has stayed the same or regressed.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He'll linger on for a year or two before he's loaned out to Malaga or somewhere, but that performance was so career-endingly bad he's basically finished here. Fans can't trust a guy after a humiliation like that. This is not his level.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Previous very reliable for us but he has two very poor and error peformances this season.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Got eaten alive & was lucky to not get sent off. Nothing against the guy but he isn’t good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom