• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

āœļø OFFICIAL Pablo Mari (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

It's not even misleading, that's the thing šŸ˜‚

A no. 9 that played the whole decade for big teams and finished 8th in scoring in that decade is not impressive at all. There's no doubt players on that list ahead of him who played many less seasons in the league (like SuƔrez, I bet) in that decade.

I don't dislike it at all, it's funny what straws you will clutch at with Giroud, haha.

Not Giroudā€™s fault he stayed loyal to the shirt.

If he went to Barcelona with Neymar and Messi heā€™d have had an easy time as well tbh.

TornadoTed

Established Member
He has had some shockers but also some good games, I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as many are making out. However he should absolutely leave to free up room for Saliba to come back.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Mavropanos is doing well at Stuttgart, too. Should've just kept him and sold Mari.
I cannot recall I have seen Mavropanos play, not even in a highlight, so cannot argue with you there. If he is doing well at Stuttgart good for him. There are always going to be players we should have kept longer and players we should have let go earlier. Right now I feel Mari is not needed anymore unless we keep him just because of the fact that he is left footed.

Jabintendo

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Available fir transfer along with chambers according to sky sports
Making Mari, Willian & Cedric your first three signings šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦

No wonder half the forum still hates Arteta

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Making Mari, Willian & Cedric your first three signings šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦

No wonder half the forum still hates Arteta
Forgetting the context that we had not much money even for wages, and no pull as constant Europe League team so you have to pay more for bigger talent to come.

Two of those were free transfers and one cost like 7 million euros. Then people act like they cost 100 million in fees.

Barry

Forgetting the context that we had not much money even for wages, and no pull as constant Europe League team so you have to pay more for bigger talent to come.

Two of those were free transfers and one cost like 7 million euros. Then people act like they cost 100 million in fees.
No, I've defended Arteta lots on here, but you can't defend those signings. They were three bad deals that we didn't need to do. We repeated the Ɩzil mistake with another new player; We brought a CB in ahead of Saliba who had just been signed and we brought a 3rd right-back in at the same level of quality as the two we already had. We just didn't need any of those players, period.

Fair play because they nailed it this year and took a bold decision to target youth and properly rebuild the team. It's paying off now.

drippin

No, I've defended Arteta lots on here, but you can't defend those signings. They were three bad deals that we didn't need to do. We repeated the Ɩzil mistake with another new player; We brought a CB in ahead of Saliba who had just been signed and we brought a 3rd right-back in at the same level of quality as the two we already had. We just didn't need any of those players, period.

Fair play because they nailed it this year and took a bold decision to target youth and properly rebuild the team. It's paying off now.
I'm not saying those signings went well overall, but Saliba could not be trusted because he could not be trusted to start a whole season after his injuries even this year. I have argued this thousand times. Luckily he has been fit this season so next year he is ready.

We needed a RB too, and we needed an experienced winger who can possibly be a playmaker. In hindsight these weren't good transfers, but they were needed. And we didn't have money.

Barry

I'm not saying those signings went well overall, but Saliba could not be trusted because he could not be trusted to start a whole season after his injuries even this year. I have argued this thousand times. Luckily he has been fit this season so next year he is ready.

We needed a RB too, and we needed an experienced winger who can possibly be a playmaker. In hindsight these weren't good transfers, but they were needed. And we didn't have money.
Fair enough mate, I be agree with you on most things, but I really don't think we needed any of those three, at the time even

drippin

Fair enough mate, I be agree with you on most things, but I really don't think we needed any of those three, at the time even
At the time Martinelli and ESR were total newbies, and Martinelli had a bad injury. ESR also had a bit longer shoulder injury. We had Bellerin and Chambers injured or coming back from a year long injury.

We also had Luiz, Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi as our only CB's, with wanting to get rid of two, but there were no buyers. Mustafi was also injured for over 100 days in 2020. And Holding was coming back from a year long injury in the end of 2019.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Mari, Cedric, Chambers out would be class. Go with White/Gabriel/Saliba/Holding as CBs next season, with Tomi providing emergency cover when needed and then bring in an "attacking" right back. Lamptey maybe?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He's filling the Carl Jenkinson role. Living the dream.

I'm just going to assume every club has these type of sponge players now, surely it cannot just be an Arsenal problem.

Off the top of my head Utd have Phil Jones, Bailly never gets seen, I'll say Ake for City, Liverpool have Ox maybe? Chelsea must have a load surely?

Cannot just be us.. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom