• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Pablo Mari (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I remember you were very excited and bullish about Mari. Tried to attack me, when i suggested signing a mid 20’s CB, who had to leave Europe after playing little or no top flight football was questionable.
Hahah, you have a bad memory. Yeah I said that we need a CB, and don't have money/FFP, so he could be good punt.

7 million euros is not much in today's market and we will likely not lose much money on him. People act like we spent 30 million like for Gabriel, which we did, when we had money/FFP to spend.

85k per week was clearly too much, like I stated, and would have offered max. 50k. But no one has yet proven which sum is true.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Mari was quite ok before he got destroyed by Lukaku and was never to be seen again, no?
I wont say he was great but he kept out Gabriel for a couple of games with acceptable performances. He always seemed very composed. Senior league style.

Would still ship him now and have Chambers and Holding as backups as Arteta finally seems okay with the idea of playing a rightfooted Holding on the left side of Central defense.
Before only DLuiz was allowed that.

Selling him now also slightly points to Saliba staying next season.

No he had a couple solid games at the start of last year against Brighton and West Brom and after that near enough every performance was littered with errors. A total reliability.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hahah, you have a bad memory. Yeah I said that we need a CB, and don't have money/FFP, so he could be good punt.

7 million euros is not much in today's market and we will likely not lose much money on him. People act like we spent 30 million like for Gabriel, which we did, when we had money/FFP to spend.

85k per week was clearly too much, like I stated, and would have offered max. 50k. But no one has yet proved which sum is true.
Every source suggests Mari is on around 80K. We’ll have to accept that figure as probably the most accurate, unless you have other sources with different figures.

drippin

Every source suggests Mari is on around 80K. We’ll have to accept that figure as probably the most accurate, unless you have other sources with different figures.
This page says 49k pounds per week.

I can never understand giving Mari more than double than Holding, who has much more experience and is better and HG.

Even Cedric would be 10k per week less, with his experience in EPL and older age with his last contract.

Just doesn't make sense for Mari. Either it's wrong or there was something fishy in the deal.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This page says 49k pounds per week.

I can never understand giving Mari more than double than Holding, who has much more experience and is better and HG.

Even Cedric would be 10k per week less, with his experience in EPL and older age with his last contract.

Just doesn't make sense for Mari. Either it's wrong or there was something fishy in the deal.

Willian leaving on his own is so elite from him. Only thing he did that I respected. 190k a week **** me would have never walked away from that.

drippin

Willian leaving on his own is so elite from him. Only thing he did that I respected. 190k a week **** me would have never walked away from that.
It's not totally clear how much he was on. It was said he was on 100k per week plus bonuses related to performances and number of performances or something. Also it was rumoured that those 190k per week numbers included his signing bonuses, as he was a free transfer.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's not totally clear how much he was on. It was said he was on 100k per week plus bonuses related to performances and number of performances or something. Also it was rumoured that those 190k per week numbers included his signing bonuses, as he was a free transfer.
He was on a lot lets agree on that

Kav

Established Member
This particular transfer and the Cedric deals scream of some kind of pay off to intermediaries and or debts/ favours to third parties because there was no value for money in either of them.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mari was quite ok before he got destroyed by Lukaku and was never to be seen again, no?
I wont say he was great but he kept out Gabriel for a couple of games with acceptable performances. He always seemed very composed. Senior league style.
Would still ship him now and have Chambers and Holding as backups as Arteta finally seems okay with the idea of playing a rightfooted Holding on the left side of Central defense.

Getting him allowed a new and young Gabriel a break. He showed flashes but he made an error in nearly every game. Not every error was punished before Lukaku did us a favour. For £85k a week, he's not worth it

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Mari was a punt signing. It didn't work out.

I know he's not great or even particularly good for our level but he's not an awful CB.

As long as wages aren't too much of an issue I can't see us having too much trouble moving him on.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I don't think he's the worst back up ever either. I think we just need to clear some squad space for Saliba who is clearly better (probably leapfrog's Holding as well if he's brought back into the squad).

And yeah, get those wages out.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't think he's the worst back up ever either. I think we just need to clear some squad space for Saliba who is clearly better (probably leapfrog's Holding as well if he's brought back into the squad).

And yeah, get those wages out
Got to get out of this cycle of cheap player high wages. So hard to move them on, and hard to watch them play!

MikeVinna

Established Member
Look he’s not some terrible player. He’ll just never be good enough to start any games for us. Chambers can play RB and CB so we really need to start shifting some bodies out of our bloated defense. Kola, Mari, Cedric have no business being here anymore. Hopefully next season Saliba is finally integrated properly.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

HairSpray was telling me that Willian, Mari, Cedric and Runarsson were excellent pieces of business and elite back-up players, good times
Seeing those names lined up together actually made me shudder (mostly Hairspray)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

According to @simpraisa and @thirfernandes , Pablo Mari does not want to continue with Arsenal, and the club is ready to sell it if an offer arrives. The player does not want to return to Brazil and wants to continue in Europe.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At least Mari have some ambition abs want to play unlike some who here to play max 5 games a season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom