• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I read this earlier and managed to find it again.

The last left-footed pairing at the back for Arsenal was Thomas Vermaelen and Mikael Silvestre in the 2009/10 season. It wasn't pretty.

I think its fair to say we will try to avoid it. So Gaby/Holding or Mari/Holding

Isn’t that just because there’s not that many left footed CBs about?

I mean if you had Laporte, Chiellini and Christopher Samba as your defenders you’re not going to bench one of the first two because they’re both left footed surely.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I mean if you had Laporte, Chiellini and Christopher Samba as your defenders you’re not going to bench one of the first two because they’re both left footed surely.

We talking prime Chris Samba though?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hey guys, I'm from Brazil and also a Flamengo fan, Pablo Mari while he was here he was a very solid defender, very calm, with an amazing pass and superb heading skills. Although he is not the fastest defender, he has a decent pace and is almost always well positioned. We had a lot of tense games, specially in the Copa Libertadores of 2019 and he was great in mantain the defense - and the team - calm during the matches. I know that at first sight you have a kind of prejudice with the level of Brazilian Championship, but we have very good teams here and in Latin America, there are some players that does not even play in big teams here and are able to succeed in England. We are all wishing the best luck to Pablo Mari and Arsenal, he is loved by our fans. Btw, to tell you the truth: Pablo Mari >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Luiz. Mentally and technically.
Love reading perspective from other fans, a lot of us didn't quite know what to make of Mari.

Welcome.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Purely depends if one of your left footers is comfortable being pushed onto their weaker side or how they would fare if they had to make a pass with their weaker foot.

From what I've seen of both Gabriel and Mari it wouldn't be a good idea.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

But we dont have those 3! :) I'm just pointing out that we havent played 2 left footed CB's for years. Time will tell but I think Arteta will avoid Mari & Gaby together unless injuries force his hand.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Hey guys, I'm from Brazil and also a Flamengo fan, Pablo Mari while he was here he was a very solid defender, very calm, with an amazing pass and superb heading skills. Although he is not the fastest defender, he has a decent pace and is almost always well positioned. We had a lot of tense games, specially in the Copa Libertadores of 2019 and he was great in mantain the defense - and the team - calm during the matches. I know that at first sight you have a kind of prejudice with the level of Brazilian Championship, but we have very good teams here and in Latin America, there are some players that does not even play in big teams here and are able to succeed in England. We are all wishing the best luck to Pablo Mari and Arsenal, he is loved by our fans. Btw, to tell you the truth: Pablo Mari >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Luiz. Mentally and technically.
Welcome! I completely agree, Mari has been a steady presence on the back end and is levels ahead of David Luiz.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Hi Gabriel.

Great insight. You're very welcome.

GabrielRJ

What do you think of our other Samba superstars?

Martinelli played here in a very small team (not so small as Tottenham, but very small, third division) called Ituano, and we heard just a little about him when he was playing here. He was a kind of a potential next great/superstar player. It was not like something "WOW THE NEXT RONALDINHO IS COMING", but it was like "There is a great young guy playing and there are some big national clubs interested although we are already hearding some news of european offers on him". He is good and we hope that he keeps improving.

Gabriel Magalhães was not known here before making success in Lille. Probably you all heard about him at the same moment as us down here, but I think that he has great potential and he is still young.

William is a good player, even when he was playing here he was already having success and had good matches. He is solid, but he is not brilliant and sometimes we feel that he does not have the energy and charisma of a leader or someone who is truly fighting each dispute.

David Luiz is a joke. Here we make a lot of fun about him. He was very marked for his performance in the 7x1, not only in the pitch, but also in the interview and how he was always crying and easily with emotional problems during the World Cup. Our defenders were shameful in 2014, Thiago Silva cried all the way during the World Cup, including during the penalties dispute against Chile when he refused to even look for the penalties (he was the team captain) and David Luiz was kind of the same, he was always emotionally out of control and also out of control in the field. We know that he is not the worse player, he is a good player, but he is too unstable and is already getting old (which affects him a lot given the way he used to play).

Arsenal is historically not hiring the best latin americans players (not only latin americans, btw). But I think that you made some good deals with Martinelli, Gabriel Magalhães and Pablo Mari (although this last one is not latin american, he made more success playing here). So we hope Arsenal keep making better signings, we all have the feeling that this lack of good performance in the market is really affecting Arsenal's campaigns in the last years.

Thank you all for the welcome! :)

bergholt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom