• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You all believe the 10 games = 1M thing? Crap deal if true.

Last few games he’s played have been against bottom of the barrel attacks, was looking forward to see him challenged against Palace.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Benteke/Eze/Zaha would have been a better test for him definitely.

We got the clean sheet though, so I’m not that desperate to see it, I’m sure he will get other chances.

Kav

Established Member
This guy has been here for a year and spent more time in the injury room than on the pitch. He's slowly giving Diaby a run for permanent crock title.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...can't you believe it's already been a year!

Only seems like yesterday that @GDeep™ was calling this signing worthless.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't wait till this Don is back. Him and Holding were a colossus partnership before the receding Roque Junior came back.

Iceman10

Established Member
It is a crap signing.

This forum is funny, I’m always labelled as negative or a moaner but the club finished 8th last season, is mid table today, and has spent record amounts over the last 2 years.

8m for a third or fourth choice CB who is happy to be a squaddie and compete for minutes is fine. All clubs except for perhaps City need this kind of player. He’s mostly been injured, so we can’t lump final table position last season or even current table position on him. When he’s played most recently he has looked pretty solid. If you want to go there with injuries then that would be a problem because it would drag in Tierney, Partey, etc. That stuff (injuries) happens.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

8m for a third or fourth choice CB who is happy to be a squaddie and compete for minutes is fine. All clubs except for perhaps City need this kind of player. He’s mostly been injured, so we can’t lump final table position last season or even current table position on him. When he’s played most recently he has looked pretty solid. If you want to go there with injuries then that would be a problem because it would drag in Tierney, Partey, etc. That stuff (injuries) happens.

He doesn't want Ødegaard because its a loan only. He wants to play totally out of form Willian as AMF rather.

In this case he doesn't want pretty cheap left-footed CB backup. He'd rather we do a "Liverpool", and play CMF's as CB's.

We have Elneny and Xhaka after all. Almost as good as Fabinho and Henderson as CB's. What Liverpool does here is ideal for GDeep.

Of course we don't have as good CMF depth as Liverpool anyway, but that doesn't matter to GDeep either.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think both Mari and Cedric have shown themselves to be more than serviceable back up option, Mari in particular.

I still have issues with the length of Cedric's contract but he's more than serviceable as a back up RB who can also fill in well at LB.

Mari's barely put a foot wrong in the games he's played this season and has looked pretty solid. He seems quite a shrewd signing now to be honest.

Iceman10

Established Member
He doesn't want Ødegaard because its a loan only. He wants to play totally out of form Willian as AMF rather.

In this case he doesn't want pretty cheap left-footed CB backup. He'd rather we do a "Liverpool", and play CMF's as CB's.

We have Elneny and Xhaka after all. Almost as good as Fabinho and Henderson as CB's. What Liverpool does here is ideal for GDeep.

Of course we don't have as good CMF depth as Liverpool anyway, but that doesn't matter to GDeep either.

He’s going to say the Mari signing should have been a worldie CB signing because Holding-Gabriel shouldn’t be first choice, but last season we blew our wad on Pepe and Saliba, and that can’t be blamed on Mari. Our club business was shocking, can’t argue with that, but it is a different argument.

drippin

He’s going to say the Mari signing should have been a worldie CB signing because Holding-Gabriel shouldn’t be first choice, but last season we blew our wad on Pepe and Saliba, and that can’t be blamed on Mari. Our club business was shocking, can’t argue with that, but it is a different argument.

It's a bit sad, but do we need GDeep here? We can basically play a game "What would GDeep say?" and do his part ourselves!

Farewell GDeep, to bluer pastures!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think both Mari and Cedric have shown themselves to be more than serviceable back up option, Mari in particular.

I still have issues with the length of Cedric's contract but he's more than serviceable as a back up RB who can also fill in well at LB.

Mari's barely put a foot wrong in the games he's played this season and has looked pretty solid. He seems quite a shrewd signing now to be honest.

Yep and both of these signings weren't Arteta's imho, I've always maintained that and didn't blame him for them.

At the same time it's only Cedric I really had an issue with (I thought it was outright stupid at the time lol) and I still think it was the wrong type of profile but I didn't expect him to be as good as he's shown so I'll admit that I got that wrong.

Hopefully they will continue to be useful in the squad.

drippin

Yep and both of these signings weren't Arteta's imho, I've always maintained that and didn't blame him for them.

At the same time it's only Cedric I really had an issue with (I thought it was outright stupid at the time lol) and I still think it was the wrong type of profile but I didn't expect him to be as good as he's shown so I'll admit that I got that wrong.

Hopefully they will continue to be useful in the squad.

The problem has been that we have problems all over the squad. It's a long process.

We don't have money to buy great players to every position, so have to patch up with cheaper players until we can afford more expensive ones.

To me it seems like more people should go support City rather than complain non-stop here about the signings.

Next summer will be interesting with all the freeing wages. Let's hope we get European Cup qualification again. I hope Arteta is trusted until next year unless he face plants totally in next few months.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The problem has been that we have problems all over the squad. It's a long process.

We don't have money to buy great players to every position, so have to patch up with cheaper players until we can afford more expensive ones.

To me it seems like more people should go support City rather than complain non-stop here about the signings.

Next summer will be interesting with all the freeing wages. Let's hope we get European Cup qualification again. I hope Arteta is trusted until next year unless he face plants totally in next few months.

Yep there's fair enough. But I don't, and have never claimed that I want us to go out and buy super stars, the opposite in fact.

I want us to try and find players that aren't quite known yet but through good scouting and identification we can see become good. We don't have the money so it's really the best strategy at the moment.

I don't want Willian, Cedric or Luiz type signings.

I much prefer Torreira, Gabriel, Martinelli and even Mari type signings. And look, they won't all work (Torreira) but it's a much better plan for the long term.

I keep saying this over and over; it's the profile that counts the most and even if Willian turns it around (which is definitely possible, let's not deny) that's not the point, the point is the type of moves we are trying to make to then do stuff like compete in the CL in three years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom