<

Pablo Mari: Rolls Royce or Kia?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Rex Banter, Aug 18, 2020.

1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Tim Vickery is a legend, used to listen to his BBC radio football show years ago at like 2AM or something ffs, when I was a football nerd.

2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

It was obviously a scam signing by Raul and Kia, we sign a new CB every window where will this guy fit in when he returns? It's a mess.

I don't get why guys were going so hard for him in this thread, it's like just cos a few guys didn't rate him others felt they had to go extra hard in convincing us it's a good signing.

GDeep™, hydrofluoric acid and Macho like this.
  3. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

I can’t take anyone seriously who says he’s a great or awful signing at this point. We’ve not seen anywhere near enough of him.

At the moment all one can really say is that he’s dirt cheap and fits the profile Arteta wanted in defence. Conclusions as to his quality will have to wait until he actually plays for us.

TromsoGooner and Pyres7 like this.
  4. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't remember him at all playing for us now, weird

krackpot likes this.
  5. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Yet another A1 thread title.

DanDare likes this.
  6. Tourbillion

He may as well not have done.

Beyond irrelevant, and not good enough.

7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Have a feeling that's going to be very little, which could be fine if he's not a total trainwreck.

He was cheap and would likely just play backup to Gabriel or Tierney on the LCB ball playing position.

Saliba is a much more worrysome use of money, given he's fit and not even registered.

krackpot likes this.
  8. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

How do you know he's not good enough before you've seen him play?

9. Tourbillion

I've seen him in three games. He was fine against League One fodder and suspect in both PL games.

10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Arteta worked with him at City. This is not simply a Kia, brown paper bag signing. Good back up for Gabriel, but I don't see how the two play together unless we keep the back 3.

11. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Pointless addition, like putting cheese in salad.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  12. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

I am an established member now!

PAAAAAAAAAARTYYYYY!:clap::popcorn:

Olivier_Giroud likes this.
  13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Must have seen this terrible defender play against City. He was about to be getting trared apart by City before his injury. Lucky fellah.

14. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Yeah, he really didn't look very good on first glance. Massive lack of pace and was loosing the runs of the City players constantly.

This signing made no sense at the time and makes no sense now. Its just more deadwood occupying NHG spots in the squad.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.