• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Mari not look like a guy that comfertable with his feets but overall as center back he decent
My main worry about him is he already looks very error prone and we've got more than enough of those in our squad already.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Poor mans Per!!

Per was such a good player when looking back, when motivated.

We were a very attacking team under Arsène, usually playing with the backline quite high up...but Mertescaker from around 2012-2015 rarely made an error or got caught out.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People were praising Chambers yesterday. You have to wonder if Cedric and Chambers are actually good or if they’re just not absolutely ****e like Bellerin.
I must admit I think Cedric has been decent and I thought Chambers looked alright yesterday too but yeah it's probably that the standards are so low now that decent now was poor 10 years ago.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s made big mistakes in nearly every game he’s played. Was decent against the worst team in the league, and here you are with your Arsenal Defense League shtick again.
He’s done well. I can sense your frustration at Willian’s resurgence.spilling over... Don’t worry, he’ll post a 7/10 performance soon and you can then venture safely beck into his thread 🐀

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We were a very attacking team under Arsène, usually playing with the backline quite high up...but Mertescaker from around 2012-2015 rarely made an error or got caught out.

His performance at the Etihad in 2012 was absolute perfection, so many interceptions. I remember Koscielny was very shaky that day but Mertesacker was an absolute rock at the back. His best performance for us at that point. Superb defender. But for some reason never was worshipped like Kos.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s done well. I can sense your frustration at Willian’s resurgence.spilling over... Don’t worry, he’ll post a 7/10 performance soon and you can then venture safely beck into his thread 🐀
Never knew you were a Willian fanatic as well, old man Marley ffs.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Whole season out and slots into that final with Chelsea and bosses it. His reading of the game was absolutely superb.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Quality player!

Riou

Whole season out and slots into that final with Chelsea and bosses it. His reading of the game was absolutely superb.

That could be the best display I have seen from an Arsenal defender, in context.

Felt Per was poor in 2015/2016, thought he was done at the top level tbh...then as you say, gets a horrible long terms injury, plays only about an hour of football that year before the cup final...then deals with prime Costa and Hazard like they are nothing.

Still amazed when I think of that day :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That could be the best display I have seen from an Arsenal defender, in context.

Felt Per was poor in 2015/2016, thought he was done at the top level tbh...then as you say, gets a horrible long terms injury, plays only about an hour of football that year before the cup final...then deals with prime Costa and Hazard like they are nothing.

Still amazed when I think of that day :lol:
Played in a 3 for the final as well. Not sure how much he had played in that set up beforehand. Would be by far our best CB if we had him now.

Riou

He looks like a Bruno/Edu Gaspar hybrid, facially, but plays better football.

We talkin' slightly longer hair slicked back Edu from 2004 here?

That guy was quality, displaced Gilberto on merit for a significant part of that year, shame the injuries ruined him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom