• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
How about Denis Suarez?

We are talking about paying about 50-60% of the players supposed valuation on a 4 month loan.

Denis Suarez was terrible loan because he was injured all of it. However the loan value was not the same %.

If we paid say 20% I wouldn't have an issue but to pay 5m with an option to buy instead of just 9m to have him outright doesnt make sense to me.

Surely if hes been scouted properly and analysed then even if he came here and was only good for a squad player 9m ain't that much for a squad player.

If he came and wanted to leave we would probably be able to recoup our money back. 9m is nothing nowadays in football.

ClubLevel

To those saying we are wasting 4m. We will probably loan one or two out ourselves for similar money anyway this window or next so its swings and roundabouts.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not saying it's a waste of money.

Some just think if he only costs 9m and has been properly scouted and Arteta has some inside info on the player they obviously think hes good enough to have some role at the club. If he was going to cost 20m or so I would agree with the loan.

I just dont see paying 5m for 4months for a 9m player how that makes sense. Only my opinion but for the little extra it is just pay.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Not saying it's a waste of money.

Some just think if he only costs 9m and has been properly scouted and Arteta has some inside info on the player they obviously think hes good enough to have some role at the club. If he was going to cost 20m or so I would agree with the loan.

I just dont see paying 5m for 4months for a 9m player how that makes sense. Only my opinion but for the little extra it is just pay.
Rather pay 15 mil directly?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are 6th richest in world wasting 4m is nothing for 6 months deals all clubs pay loan fee.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
if he does good, nothing spectacular, but solid, and we start winning more games, we could easily sell him for a profit in 6 months (if we chose to). good move here as I trust they know a lot about the player, unlike us

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Paying a top premium for try before you buy not that bad.

5m seems a little steep for a loan when reported to get Barce / Madrid players for less but with a couple of days left & little money cant complain.

Good Arteta getting the pieces he wants.

5m loan fee why not pay the full 9m and have done with it.

Orny thinks we dont have it '#AFC working on 3-4 loan / free / low fee deals (doesn’t mean will do all)'.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We are 6th richest in world wasting 4m is nothing for 6 months deals all clubs pay loan fee.

It isnt 6 months. Just over 4m.

Will the club get first refusal on signing him it he does do well?

Or could we get into a battle to sign him on a permanent deal?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
FANTASTIC

He's going to be a big success here and people are going to look back and laugh at the doubters

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Nicely done really, option to buy mitigates risk of bloating the squad with more plodders. Getting a quality CB in Jan is impossible really so best we could probably do. Glad Arteta sees having a left footer as important.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This signing also shows that Arteta lack trust of both Holding and mustafi because other clubs with 4 fit cb there will be no need to sign another cb.

Tom349

Hefty price to pay given he won't be fit (last played December 8) and available for selection for at least another two weeks you'd expect, which he then has to prove himself ( I don't see him walking into the 11) and adjust to the premier league football by which time the season will be over. I like the premise of the idea of trying before you buy but in this situation I feel a judgement call should be made as to he is either good enough to buy outright or isn't good enough and we should be looking elsewhere and not wasting our time. Shows a lack of faith in the player and the decision making of our recruitment team.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
We are paying 5m + wages for a journeyman who most likely won't start a single game for us.

Raul's at the wheel.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Hefty price to pay given he won't be fit (last played December 8) and available for selection for at least another two weeks you'd expect, which he then has to prove himself ( I don't see him walking into the 11) and adjust to the premier league football by which time the season will be over. I like the premise of the idea of trying before you buy but in this situation I feel a judgement call should be made as to he is either good enough to buy outright or isn't good enough and we should be looking elsewhere and not wasting our time. Shows a lack of faith in the player and the decision making of our recruitment team.

Exactly my thinking.

Wizzard

Yeah, if only we had a 2 weeks off coming after the weekend. Oh wait...

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom