Pablo Mari

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Highbury_2006, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

2. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

The club’s best signing over the summer was a cheap unknown from the Brazilian league, so Im feeling good about this aswell.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  3. The header on 1:25 mark we haven’t had that for years in our defence to head in front of someone boot

tap-in likes this.
  4. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

So instead of going for the guy City want, we're signing the guy they got rid of? Nice.

6. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

That is the trouble with YouTube videos, it's possible to make any player look really good if you pick their best bits. I'm not surprised Mustafi has a good looking video compilation as he is actually a pretty good defender for 88 minutes, it's the disastrous 2 minutes that he has every match that's the problem!

I actually find YouTube videos of central defenders harder to judge than any other position on the pitch. A good solid defender who rarely makes mistakes but doesn't do any flashy could have a far less impressive video than someone like Mustafi who does some things really well and some really badly. At least with midfielders and attackers you can look at things like their first touch, balance, acceleration, do they play with their head up or down etc. With defender videos it always seems to be a series of sliding tackles and 60 yard balls to the winger.

kraphtous likes this.
  7. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

well this doesnt stop us from buying another CB in the summer which might be why we are going through with this transfer imo
    Arteta must know his qualities and thinks he can do a job (either as backup or starter)
    we will have 8 CBs at the club
    but its very likely we sell Mustafi, Movrapanos, Luiz/Sokratis and Chambers has an injury that will keep him out for most of next season.

wait I thought we were buying him

8. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Loan? All Brazil reliable media saying we buying him

10. field442

All the ****cunts have woken up.

Sydney-Gooner and Leo_ense_ like this.
  11. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

These hipster bros know sweet **** all. Charles and James Benge are indykaila level on the scale

field442 likes this.
  12. Oxeki

Oxeki Well-Known Member

Fair point. Maybe Leicester's system protects their defenders just like Liverpool.

But if Arteta is down with it then I'm too

13. We can’t afford it move on it’s ridiculous to compare us with them that ship sailed along time ago...this is our station now and the sooner we accept and give 100% with what our means are the sooner we can start developing towards competing again

14. field442

I meant Sheffield Utd. Only Liverpool have conceded fewer goals.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Loan deal would make no sense he in holiday Brazil season ended in December he'll need 2-3 weeks to get full match sharpness.

16. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Really? Damn. Low risk deal for the rumoured €7M but can he make a significant contribution? I’m willing to give him a chance (as I am with all newbies) but I wonder how much Lewis Dunk would set us back.

17. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Well that's the level we've dropped to, no use pretending we can sign players who are attracted to City, Pool or any other top club. We need to get back to that level and it will take time.

OnlyOne likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

It will be close to 30 M for Sokratis, Luiz and now this Mari spent.

We seems to have a lot of money. At least that is positive.

19. every little thing

every little thing Well-Known Member

Based on the experience, this type of signing will come good eventually

20. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Do you know what you get when you buy rejects from Chelsea, City, United, etc?

You get what you ****ing deserve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.