• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Paddy, go if you want I say (Get on with life guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromelee

Looks like a done deal. Paddy's gone. Who to replace him? No one I can think of. I've only thought about who to replace Silva/Edu to play alongside Paddy. Have not considered him leaving. There will be a gap which I don't think any player can fit in. It's the Captains role and in the middle of the battle ground and no matter how skillful a player, it'll still leave a gap as the new player needs to time to adjust and mould into the team. And we won't have a leader to march us onto the pitch. Mistake by paddy to leave? Sure we can scream that. Anything we can do about it? I doubt it. Get on with life? That's all we can do. Buy someone new? Who? Ballack? Maniche? Gerrard? All I can say is that we should just wait for next season to start before we cry doom or triumph. Lets take the time to see who'll be in our lineup next season alrite guys. If Paddy leave's, I know we'll just get on with business and go for glory. It may set us back a little but it's NOT the end of the club. We should never make a player feel he is bigger than the club, and that is exactly what we are doing right now. Paddy, go if you want I say.

ethanen

agreed. we've done well without him this season and we will do well without him if he leaves.
any player who is near is 30's should be sold. oh wait its not championship manager... anyway ~30m could do us well for the future.
and i've never thought of him as suchhh a good tackler, i mean most of the times he mises and commits a foul.
I know im talking bullshit maybe im just tryin to be optimistic,
and im very tired so pls dont take anything seriously.......

good night "lot"

KoLo28

If he does leave then the fans and the club need to move on with life. No point dwelling on something we have no control over. If he goes we shouldn't hate him or want henry to kiss the badge in his face, he's an arsenal legend and always will be, plus a very talented player who captained our team to an unbeaten season. People move on, its part of life, remember him for the good things he's done for the club and the memories, not as a traitor.

p.s hope he stays :D

A

Anonymous

Looks like a done deal. Paddy's gone. Who to replace him? No one I can think of.
Theres plenty to replace him. He is not the only good centre mid in history you know. Now your post was sensible and i agree, but others on here have been acting like its the end of the ****ing world. Vieira can **** off now for all i care, there are other players that can be just as good. Gerrard or ballack would be great and just as successfull. In fact if i had the choice i would rather gerrard to vieira anyway.
Players come and go, its happened in the past, and just because one greedy ****er leaves does not mean the whole arsenal empire is falling down. We have the best manager in the world, he made vieira, and he will make someone else just as good. Anelka and overmars and petit all left and that was a huge blow, but we ended up much stronger. I am sure with 30 mill we can only get stronger.
Looking at paddy now makes me sick, ive never been convinced he was loyal to us and thats been shown over these past months.
Time to move on.

Andrew

Too right... Vieira is not the club. If he does leave (and it's still just rumours) then we should move on and prove to him that he shouldn't have left. That is always my attitude, when something gets you down you don't sit there and feel sorry for yourself, you become more determined than ever to prove a point.

If Vieira leaves, then he can only lose as Real expect to win in Europe, anything else is a failure and is the more likely outcome. At Arsenal every trophy is savoured and the fans appreciate success far more. He's the one who will lose in this situation. There will be no Wenger to help him out and to be honest if he does go to Madrid I think he'll be made to look average just like most other England to Spain converts. What was he before he came to Arsenal? Henry knows how it's changed him, and it's time for Vieira to realise as well.

Gooner_Milton

Make my words.

If Vieira does leave, he'll be back in a few years with the words "I should have never left" ala Petit/Overmars. Real is an aging team. Granted they have much more prestige than Arsenal FC but with our new stadium on the way and a vastly improving squad we CAN win the ECL.

If you do move....your loss Paddy.

Mark

Established Member
He should see how Petit, Overmars and Anelka turned out after leaving Arsenal. They all thought they would get more trophies, etc. He should realise that they were never the same after leaving here and it could happen to him.

The Real Madrid fans will never love him like we do, he really should not leave. Once you go Arsenal, you never go back.

Biggus

Established Member
Vieira can f**k off now for all i care, there are other players that can be just as good

Amen- Arsène made him what he is, and there are more raw diamonds to be polished eg: Toure, Reyes

GunnerUS9

You'd think Paddy would've learned from the post-Highbury careers of the three former Gooners Mark mentioned.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree patrick should have said something by now but for whatever reason, he hasnt.

But you guys are critisizing him for something he has not done.

Why dont we wait till he leaves before we start this ?

As for hating patrick - yes, we did make him who he is today to a certain extent but at the end of the day, he's given us the best 8 years of his career - surely he does not owe us anything after all those years eh ?

He will NOT be leaving - Trust Arsène.

sienna

Aren't you guys jumping the gun here? Saying it's a done deal based on that oh so credible Marca? We should wait on what Arsenal has to say about this. Until they officially confirm that Vieira is going, he is still an Arsenal player.

beanz

Well said Jose, it seems like some people can't wait wait for him go now, despite the fact that there's still been no definitive statements from any of the main partys involved, talk about jumping on the bandwagon when it has'nt even got the horses to pull it along yet.
p.s. check your p.m. inbox Jose. :mrgreen:

_scorpion_

Established Member
beanz said:
Well said Jose, it seems like some people can't wait wait for him go now, despite the fact that there's still been no definitive statements from any of the main partys involved, talk about jumping on the bandwagon when it has'nt even got the horses to pull it along yet.
p.s. check your p.m. inbox Jose. :mrgreen:

I think its more of a case of people just bein fed up with having been dragged through this Viera Madrid thing again. To tell you the truth, I'm seriously over it. He leaves or stays, who cares? There will still be an ARSENAL.

As for a replacement....please let it be Ballack. IMO, we will be going forward with Ballack in the team instead of Viera....and thats my honest opinion. The guy has european success experience and is a big match player who will be the best under Wenger in the premiership. Watch the guy play....he covers every blade of grass!

thegreatbriton

I hope and pray that he will stay, both for Arsenal and because I beleive it would be best for him.

However if he goes he can forget about being remembered as an arsenal "legend"

A

Anonymous

theguvnor said:
Looks like a done deal. Paddy's gone. Who to replace him? No one I can think of.
Theres plenty to replace him. He is not the only good centre mid in history you know. Now your post was sensible and i agree, but others on here have been acting like its the end of the f****g world. Vieira can f**k off now for all i care, there are other players that can be just as good. Gerrard or ballack would be great and just as successfull. In fact if i had the choice i would rather gerrard to vieira anyway.
Players come and go, its happened in the past, and just because one greedy f*r leaves does not mean the whole arsenal empire is falling down. We have the best manager in the world, he made vieira, and he will make someone else just as good. Anelka and overmars and petit all left and that was a huge blow, but we ended up much stronger. I am sure with 30 mill we can only get stronger.
Looking at paddy now makes me sick, ive never been convinced he was loyal to us and thats been shown over these past months.
Time to move on.

since u dont konw him personally hwo can u call him disloyal?
your just a ****head

Arnie

Why so much anamosity towards him, we have to get on with our lives but so does he. We know what happenend to Overmars, Petit and Anelka, nothing.
But we are still on the road to Euro success. We'll still win it within 3 years.

A

Anonymous

since u dont konw him personally hwo can u call him disloyal?
your just a ****head
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dont know about you, but i tend to call a player who looks to desert a team that made him a legend and totally adore him disloyal.

So he has had 8 years, they have been good and we loved him for it, but IF he leaves in this fashion he doesnt deserve any respect, we have made him what he is and been paying him heaps, if he turns his back on us then it is disloyal.

A

Anonymous

At the end of the day NO club in the WORLD has a more bright future than ARSENAL. If for some obsurd reason (money) he wants to turn his back on us then fair enough, but he better not expect to come back to highbury and get a good reception. I know alot of other gooners are getting rather ****ed off with the way he is playing the club and the fans. Arsenal are better than madrid, and in 5 years we WILL be the best team in the world, without a doubt.
Great team, great manager, great board, great history, great youth and soon the best stadium in europe, things dont get much better.

lewdikris

Established Member
That's the stupid thing about all this. Sure, Real are the most prestigious club blah blah blah. But they're going to need a HUGE overhaul in the next couple of seasons - replacing Zidane and Figo ain't going to be easy, and will be HUGELY expensive. And whether Madrid can afford the 100 million it will take, I don't know.

It's because of the setup at Arsenal that I think Paddy will stay. We may not sign superstars, but look at the list of names below and wonder how many will be superstars over the course of the next ten years. They all play for us:

Cole - best young left back in the world.
Toure - Best young central defender in the world.
Senderos - Unless he is.
Cesc - 'A sensation. Years ahead of his time. He has everything to be the best player in the world' - Spanish Youth Team Coach
Reyes - 'Is he playing riding a motorbike?' - Zinedine Zidane
Van Persie - 'The best young player in Holland - better than Van Der Vaart or Robben' - Marco Van Basten, Dutch National Coach
Bentley - 'Top top top quality' - A Wenger

And that's before we get on to Pennant, Hoyte, Flamini, Smith ...

If Paddy leaves it ain't treachery to me, it's rank stupidity. Arsenal have got the best team of the next ten years ALREADY AT THE CLUB. Real have the best players in the world. But they'll all be retired in a couple of seasons ... It's senseless.

And that's why I think he'll stay. He may be dumb (allegedly), but he's not a total *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom