• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Paddy, go if you want I say (Get on with life guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_scorpion_

Established Member
lewdikris said:
That's the stupid thing about all this. Sure, Real are the most prestigious club blah blah blah. But they're going to need a HUGE overhaul in the next couple of seasons - replacing Zidane and Figo ain't going to be easy, and will be HUGELY expensive. And whether Madrid can afford the 100 million it will take, I don't know.

It's because of the setup at Arsenal that I think Paddy will stay. We may not sign superstars, but look at the list of names below and wonder how many will be superstars over the course of the next ten years. They all play for us:

Cole - best young left back in the world.
Toure - Best young central defender in the world.
Senderos - Unless he is.
Cesc - 'A sensation. Years ahead of his time. He has everything to be the best player in the world' - Spanish Youth Team Coach
Reyes - 'Is he playing riding a motorbike?' - Zinedine Zidane
Van Persie - 'The best young player in Holland - better than Van Der Vaart or Robben' - Marco Van Basten, Dutch National Coach
Bentley - 'Top top top quality' - A Wenger

And that's before we get on to Pennant, Hoyte, Flamini, Smith ...

If Paddy leaves it ain't treachery to me, it's rank stupidity. Arsenal have got the best team of the next ten years ALREADY AT THE CLUB. Real have the best players in the world. But they'll all be retired in a couple of seasons ... It's senseless.

And that's why I think he'll stay. He may be dumb (allegedly), but he's not a total *****.

I agree with you 100%.

If he wants to go, he will fail just as Petit, Overmars and Anelka did. If we get 30 Million pounds from the deal, I'll snatch your hand off, cause the reality is that Wenger will prevail like he has in the past and any cash for us is a bonus.....we will find a replacement....who knows, it may encourage Wenger to try and find a more attacking mid-fielder, say like Ballack. Why do people think we need another "viera like player", when the reality is, we have not gone further than the quarter finals of champions league with him.

I only have one regret....what happens next year when the approach us for Henry? Do we let him go to?? food for thought!

Just another thing.....i know there are a heap of optomists here who are still clinging to the idea of Viera staying.....truth be told, I heard about this entire situation over 2 months ago!!!! I didnt say anything cause I thought it was all B.S. .....I will never doubt my source ever again....Viera is a done deal guy's and we have to get over it.....If this happened two years ago, I would be sulking and spewing, but as it stands now, we are better off.....trust me this isnt sour grapes....we will be better off....as long as we keep Wenger I'm happy.

zerofeel

shouldnt all the viera thread be in one place?lol its all over these days so i say SOD off Viera bring back the peace in Arsenal! and lets move on from here ..he will still be a legend in Arsenal but we need to look ahead... arggghh why is he keepin bloody quiet on this!? :evil:

A

Anonymous

Lewdikris, i also agree 100% with what you are saying, you do seem to talk sense in your posts, what i am saying to people that talk about his 8 years and how we should love him for those years and wish him the best of luck, is that how can you wish him luck the way he has treated us? IF he leaves it has been done badly, he has left the fans and probably the club in the dark, there is no sensible reason other than money that he will leave. His leaving will be through pure greed because of a nice little packet madrid have offered him. No matter how many years he has spent with us i cannot wish him luck the way he has left us (if of course he does leave). Wishing a player luck is because they have been loyal and loved the club and sadly time has come to an end - adams, seaman, wright, parlour, dixon. Those players we wished luck because they love the club and would never do anything against it or against the fans. Paddy however is showing great disrespect for both the fans and Arsenal FC, he has 8 years but may throw it all away for money, to me that doesnt deserve any respect at all because that is plain and simply back stabbing the club.
EIE

jeromelee

Hey, for those who think I opened this thread because I'm angry at Paddy and want to get back at him, you're wrong. I'm just trying to say that he's not bigger than the club and we shouldn't think it's all over for the gunners just cause Vieira wants to leave. We should look beyong him leaving and consider what can we do or how to cover the gap instead. And come on, lets not be losers like the spuds and start cursing him if he leaves. Lets be gentlemanly about it guys. We're a bigger team than them alrite!!!

_scorpion_

Established Member
jeromelee said:
Hey, for those who think I opened this thread because I'm angry at Paddy and want to get back at him, you're wrong. I'm just trying to say that he's not bigger than the club and we shouldn't think it's all over for the gunners just cause Vieira wants to leave. We should look beyong him leaving and consider what can we do or how to cover the gap instead. And come on, lets not be losers like the spuds and start cursing him if he leaves. Lets be gentlemanly about it guys. We're a bigger team than them alrite!!!

No one said this was a "sh*t on Viera thread" .

I believe that the whole reason for the silence from Viera is to avoid Real bargaining the price for the transfer down. Arsenal are playing it smart and will allow Viera the transfer providing they get the right price. The best way to do that is not to have the player openly confess his desired location.

I think this is a good tactic as Real will be just as uncertain as we are, whereas if Viera had come out and stated his desire to leave, Real would have more leverage in the transfer price....make no mistake, Viera is leaving, this is just the begining of sorting out the right price for the man.

I believe Arsenal are looking at 30 million plus, while Real have been quoted to cap thier interest around the 20 Million mark (from what I've seen in the papers). This is the only way to make sense of the situation......the other alternative is that this whole thing has been a rumor, but personally just don't believe this is true. Viera will leave and the smart thing for Arsenal is to get the highest price possible.....the only way to do this is to keep quiet......If Viera was gonna stay, he would have said something by now.....think about it....dont be niave.....you would at least have heard from our captain by now....at the very least, regarding our goals for he season, but this wont happen as Viera is leaving.

KoLo28

if what you say is true scorpion, in that vieira and the club are saying nothing to make sure we get the highest fee possible then really vieira is doing the club a big favour and rules out guvnors belief that vieira's not saying something because he's unloyal and disrespecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom