Pape Gueye

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The_Playmaker, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

a midfield 3 of gueye, grealish and sangare has everything power, energy and creativity. also instead of grealish/maddison a cheaper option might be david Brooks at Bournemouth similiar player to them who did great last season but been out with injuries this season

senna likes this.
  2. senna

senna Active Member

Also a big fan of brooks, if Bournemouth gets relegated we should be all over that. Grealish would be my top choice, not a big fan of Maddison tho, think he’s over hyped. What is Edu doing tho? Surely creative mids/no.10 are aplenty in Brazil, he must be able to recommend a good one?

Red London likes this.
  3. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

I think both grealish and brooks are better dribblers than Maddison imo.
    I think the days where the more skillful players come from Brazil and South America are over. Everyone’s caught up and surpassed the Brazilians

Red London likes this.

#254 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if we would be able to afford him if Villa avoids the drop unless we make him our marquee signing. They'll want over 60m for sure considering his age. Either way, I'd definitely be all in for him. Him and Sangare.

5. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

Wow overeating of Grealish and complete misunderstanding of him going on here. People putting him in a midfield three in their starting line up. He isn't effective there. He plays on the left of a front 3 not in a midfield 3.

Impact and truth_hurts like this.
  6. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Sangaré-Gueye would be great business, but I just don't see us replacing the entire midfield three, unfortunately. Sangaré-Gueye-Benrahma would be an excellent, affordable and realistic midfield if we chose to go that route.

Yeah I don't quite get this either. Grealish is a LW. I want him signed - but as a LW, not as a CAM.

7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Wouldnt he provide us with a fantastic balancing option to our attack? He'd play LW and drift inside while our LB would overlap. If we change to a 3 man midfield (many people think Arteta eventually will) then Grealish could start at LW and drift into a pseudo 10 role, while the midfield will support from behind (maybe the number 8 can drift slightly more to the right).

8. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

Pulitzer winning post!

Sammy1887, qwerty99 and African Flair like this.
  9. The_Playmaker

I think we are better off playing Saka wide left and letting Pepe drift in from the right.

10. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Both Maddison and Grealish hype train has gone through the roof. Madison actually has talent and plays well to an extent to be able to cut at a top end club but Grealish is a nothing player honestly.

On topic, this Gueye is definitely impressive on second viewing. He seems much better than that Billingham guy.

11. The_Playmaker

Gueye is 21. Bellingham is 16. His ceiling is incredibly high, much like Camavinga.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  12. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Oh, I assumed they were of the same age group. If this Gueye is 21 though he ain't all that impressive.

13. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music