• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Parlour Boro Bound

marco

yeah saw it on the bbc website as well.
im a bit gutted to be honest. it seems we are gonna need a couple of midfielders if paddy goes as well.

i think his divorce is one of the reasons in this. wenger doesnt like players who give him off field grief. i.e merson, hartson, and also not for off field grief but ian wright.
wenger got rid of all these players and i think the same is happening to pele.

marco

yeah saw it on the bbc website as well.
im a bit gutted to be honest. it seems we are gonna need a couple of midfielders if paddy goes as well.

i think his divorce is one of the reasons in this. wenger doesnt like players who give him off field grief. i.e merson, hartson, and also not for off field grief but ian wright.
wenger got rid of all these players and i think the same is happening to pele.

TB*Gooner*

A true gooner is leaving. Sad day.

I just realised why he's leaving though. He hates his wife so much now that he'd take a cut just so she would end up with less as well. So it's her fault. :wink:

GOOD LUCK RAY!

marhes26

This is bad bad news...if Vieira goes too we are in **** street midfield wise.I hope Wenger knows what he's doing.

Very sad :(

We're gonna need some fighting spirit and dedication in midfield. without Ray & Paddy, who is going to be our fighter? Gilberto...? :?

Andrew

****. We need him, how can we just let him leave? He is Arsenal through and through, it will be tough to stomach seeing him in another shirt. He still played a very vital role in our team and often at times last season gave us the drive in midfield to get us going.

Anyway, hope he does well for himself at boro. Let's hope he cements himself as a first team regular there.

jonmoody61

Ditto, Andrew. I just watched Boro' press conference - I am sure he will be a big hit up north! Good luck Razor, don't breathe deeply :lol:

A

Anonymous

Sad day for our club. Im not sure if Ray will be remembered as a Arsenal legend, but he will be remembered for never giving less than 100%.

I saw his debut at Anfield against Liverpool, and well really he looked ****e, and remained ****e untill a certain Mr Wenger got a hold of him.

1997/98 was the season that Razor became a great player, and had his best season for the club. Scored goals, made goals and was one hell of a right winger. Up and down for 90 minutes and became a first team regular.

He was always up for a fight when we needed him, and battled to secure us hard fought victories at places such as Anfield, St James' and Old Trafford. It was these qualities that made him a firm favourite with us gooners.

But really the time is right for him to move on, for a variety of reasons. His passing has always been well, not very good and he isnt getting any younger. We shouldnt let sentimentality get in the way of Arsenal becoming a better team.

Flamini should represent a new and improved Parlour in the midfield, who may not be as driven, but im assuming will be a teachnically superior player. Pennant, who should be like a new signing, will also represent a better option than razor on the right wing.

Its the best deal all round I think, as sad as it is. I think im right in saying that is the last link with the Graham era gone now. The squad is now made up of 100% Wenger players (if you count DB as one as I do, Rioch never in a million years got him to Highbury). Now he have the best squad in the history of the club.

Cant wait to go to the Riverside next season, havent got the fixtures at hand here, do we play Boro home or away first? Remember seeing Merson's first game against Arsenal at Boro in the FA Cup. Came out at the end by himself, got a standing ovation by 5,000 gooners and threw his shirt into the crowd. Just fell in front of me, gutted as he was one of my favourite all time players. Im sure Ray will get just the same.

Henry IV

I've been away all week and I just read the news. I'm sad that Ray's leaving. He always gave his all for Arsenal.

Gooner_Milton

'Salutes Romford Pele'

100% Arsenal through and through....

he will be missed.

On the bright side Boro have gained a great player (fancy Boro somewhat) and Ray is guaranteed a warm reception when Boro play at Highbury this season.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sad to see him leave but can anyone explain why he's left on a free transfer ?

His contract doesnt expire till another year so he's not available on a bosman ....

DOls

I absolutely hate that he left! :cry

To me Ray has always been that very hard working and not fully appreciated player.
I already miss him. He has scored some spectacular, powerful goals and proved to be a great leader in times when Patrick wasn't there.
He spent 16 years at Arsenal and I just can't belive that there was no room for him on the field in the years to come.
Ray Parlour is and always will be Mr Arsenal.

Good luck to our Romford Pele.

DOls

Yes, he more than deserves to have testimonial match.
It would have been really special to him now that he is not an Arsenal player.
It's just sad.

Gooner_Milton

yeah a pity.

Oh well, I hope to see him back when he's done playing.

Maybe in a scouting or coaching role. Him and Keown.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He's done it to "screw" his ex wife.

No testimonial & reduced wages combined with the complex method by which his income is split under the Court Order = ex-wife taking the brunt of the fall.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom