• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Partnership between Arsenal and KSK Beveren

Hi, I'am a fan from Beveren. I read the message from a modorator Adam.
Hi Beveren fans, i understand our clubs have a good relationship. I was wandering what you think of Yaya Toure and is he really better than Kolo? It has been said he is similar to Vieira, is this also true? what is his style and strengths? I heard that he might join Arsenal too in the future, is this true?

Also, how has Igor Stepanovs performed for you? I hope he has helped you.

thanks,

Adam, Arsenal fan in UK.

I'm happy that I can help you with that :wink: :)

Adam

Established Member
Thankyou for the information, it is very much appreciated.

Here was his reply:

Hello Adam,

The Beveren-fans hope Yaya will stay a bit longer with our favourite team, he's really good. I give you an example... last weekend the papers wrote : 'if Yaya played with Bruges or Anderlecht, there would be no doubt about the golden shoe (best player-award)'

He's a dazzling player with very good insight in the game, a lot of frivolity and decisive actions !!!

We love him, he will be going to Arsenal that's for sure...

Stepa is doing well, but is prob more interested in returning to you guys...

Another reply was given by "Jo" on the Beveren forum..

If he is better then Kolo i can't say (don't know Kolo enough)

He is a similar kind of player as Viera : best as defensive midfielder, also very long legs and difficult to take the ball away from him.

At the beginning of the season he was hurt (came back hurt from a training session in Arsenal). Now he is almost back to his best , so in the last weeks he again got the best reports from the belgian reporters.

Some of my friends (supporters of Brugge and Anderlecht) asked me after the matches against their teams : ' who is that great player at the midfield, he dominated the game their against us'.

Today it was in a belgian paper that he might be coming to Arsenal in january (toghether with the returning Stephanovs and also with the atticking midfielder Yapi Yapo who is international for Ivory Coast)

Yaya Touré is a very good midfielder.
I think he's better than Kolo Touré.
Yaya is very strong with the ball, makes frequently a beautiful dribble, he practicly always sees the opening, he gives the decisive pass. At the moment, he's a neccesary person in our team but there are already replacements (but they aren't playauthorized yet)
It's correct that he wil move to Arsenal in the future.
When, I don't know for sure, it can be at the winterstop, at the and of the season, or at least I guess next year.
There was always Russian club interested in him ( i thought they would give 2 million Euro)
Arsenal also want to give that price
For sure, I hope they buy him for a good price :wink: :D
cause Beveren has to survive in first class.

About Igor Stephanovs,
he's playing very well in our team, next saturday (29th of November)
we gonna celebrate that he's qualifing for EURO 2004.

It's a pity that there's only one player from Arsenal.
Last year, we had Stacky and Halls, they were absolutly wonderfull.
I hope they gonna make it.

Jinn

Established Member
Cheers for the info mate.
Any insight into potential Arsenal players is always appreciated!

Adam

Established Member
Another reply from a Beveren fan:

"dear Gunnersupp,

by my mean, yaya is a very graet player and wil bekome even better then Vieira ore Makelele!!!

he's verry strong at the bal and has a graet view over te fielt.
he's dribbels are wonderful, and his passings to.

greats to all England"

Now, that's another encouraging one.

satan_beckham

anyone know if yaya is playing in international games now?i remember he cannot join us as he cannot get a work permit as he did not play enough internationals.And i see beveren fans sure apreciate stepanovs much more than us!

nnn

YaYa probably won't be playing that many more matches for the Coast before the summer, due to the nations cup.

Beverenfan

You'll be delighted to see him plays. It's really beautiful to look at how he handles a ball and plays with his, how you say that in English, the guy playing against him,....
I came here because of Adam told it on our forum: forum.kskbeveren.be

Adam

Established Member
Natnat said:
thank you Adam
Did you go on their offical site or a fansite

I went on their official site, had to sign up, didn't have a clue what i was clicking - it was in Belgium!

Adam

Established Member
They keep getting more interesting, here's another reply:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Adam,

well I must say it's really great to see Yaya at work. I know he is to good for our club, and that it's his last year in Beveren, so I'm just impressed that a player like him plays for us!

Also the simularities with Patrick Viera are true. Also Yaya is a big boy, with a lot of recuperation.
I think he will even become bether than Viera!! It's maybe wishful thinking, but Yaya have everything. His technical skills are amasing, he seems to play with his opponents. I even think he's the best central fielder of Belgium!! Teams like Bruges and Standard already wanted him, but we didn't let him go!!

Next year (hope not already in Decembre), he's coming to you guys, so I hope you will enjoy to see him play as much as I do!!

Bryan

lewdikris

Established Member
Blinding news. Thanks to all the Beveren fans and to Adam. Another gem is coming, and uniquely, no-one and no money can stop us having him. Class.

leongsh

I think we should link up with the Beveren fans and their forum just as Arsenal and Beveren have linked up in football matters. :D

Beverenfan

Yaya isn't really fast, but he doesn't have to be. With his technique he could , for example, let Roberto Carlos ( fast boy) stand perplex! :D

Top Bottom